Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iraqi soldiers already surrendering -- oops.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow Panag these are great... good work.

BTW I assume these leaflets are in sanscit, but just posted on the internet in English so english readers can read them.

BTW, after looking at these, I think they are fairly effective.... except the one that says think of your family, that one has the potential to actually make them stay and fight. Humans really fear change, even if their current situation is miserable.
    Pentagenesis for Civ III
    Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
    Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
      The leaflets are in English?

Jeez, that will be effective
      AH: Psyop always writes them first in English so that the chain of command can read them and then once the product is approved it is translated, reviewed by a test audience, then (if all goes well) it is destributed to the target audience.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
        "Why not in 1998? "

The US was led by a person of moral cowardice. That person tried limited actions such as Operation Desert Fox to ensure compliance, but said person was unable to take the actions needed to uphold the demand for disarmanent.
        "he stressed the assault had been launched on the "unanimous recommendation" of his national security advisors. " form Guardian.

I'd recommend to look at some European news after half year and later about inspectors that spied on Iraq.

Yes and strikes was mostly against empty sites.
        Impeachment could give some bravery.

Comment

Originally posted by raghar
          I'm disgraphic and I would be ashemed of myself if I'd draw such ****y pictures. (sorry Ming)

Most thing from this pictures is uter crap and if anybody would believe them he should be for sometime without food just to clear his mind.
          There is a lot of US wishfull thinking and from millitary view there is a lot of xxxxxxx (I think Ming would be offended by another ugly word) bad informations TM.

If Iraqui would do excactly what they are told to not, US showed them a lot of uducational pictures.

panaq be a little mercifull to people without ADSL. Use better comprimation.
          I dont understand your position. Why do you say they are crap?
          "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
          - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
          Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Military optic fiber....
            I think that US should remove it from its soil ASAP or Sadam could brainwash US people.
            Last edited by raghar; March 10, 2003, 22:39.

Comment

Another interesting thing about this propoganda is that it does a lot of threatening of their lives....

Reminds me of the Russian pill boxes set up behind Russian lines to mow down the poor Russian soldiers with no rifles who tried to retreat.

Hussein Admires Stalin... and I am sure he is "motivating" his troops the same way, as far as the Iraqi soldier knows, fight the Americans, and you might die, turn and run and Saddam will surely have you killed before you make it home. No more mister nice guy this time.

Nobody has ever started an Aggresive war thinking they would lose. I think Saddam's surprises may set America on it's heals. He has plotted this for 12 years now, focused, determined to get the Americans back. He is holding his hand I believe.

I really wonder if he would be crazy enough to try and Invade Israel through Jordan, only an invasion could stop nukes from being dropped on his Army. Especially now that the Northern front does not appear to be a problem anymore.

A war like this will require ground forces in the end, all the way to Baghdad. If you think the American Generals are confident of their victory, just look at how many troops they have in the middle East right now...

Enough rambling for now...
              Pentagenesis for Civ III
              Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

I think they are crap because.
                They are poorly made. Every person with military educetion would think about them .
                And they remminds me about another leaflets... leaflets about Usame bin Laden.

I'm sleepy brain doesn't work well. Just my instinct do.

Comment

They should drop leaflets saying:

"Wouldn't you rather be on the Apolyton OT right now?"
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by NeOmega
                    Another interesting thing about this propoganda is that it does a lot of threatening of their lives....
                    As someone who spent several years involved with stuff just like this let me say you work on the other sides fears. Fears motivates people very powerfully, especially when someone thinks he's fear is close to becoming a reality. Thus if you are trying to get an enemy soldier to do something, first you tell him what you want him to do, then you show him how his fears will come true if he doesn't.

It may sound lame reading them while you are in your house, warm, and away from danger but once you are truly facing (and have seen friends die) you begin to listen a little more closely to messages like these.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by raghar
                      I think they are crap because.
                      They are poorly made. Every person with military educetion would think about them .
                      And they remminds me about another leaflets... leaflets about Usame bin Laden.

I'm sleepy brain doesn't work well. Just my instinct do.
                      o...k. They are rather well made, and they get their message across very well. Perhaps you are right about anyone with a military education will think about them, but anyone with a psychological education would understand their point.
                      Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

• What the f**k is wrong with you people?

They're terrible. You know I remember looking at old WW1 propaganda and thinking, "how could anybody be taken in by this c**p?". And this stuff is no different. Surely they could have come up with something better. What's wrong with "if you surrender, you will be fed and treated humanely." Add to that a picture of a nice cake and a naked woman (caption: have you had your last ****?) and I reckon you'd convert anyone who had to sit in a piss-filled shell hole.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon
                          What the f**k is wrong with you people?

They're terrible. You know I remember looking at old WW1 propaganda and thinking, "how could anybody be taken in by this c**p?". And this stuff is no different. Surely they could have come up with something better. What's wrong with "if you surrender, you will be fed and treated humanely." Add to that a picture of a nice cake and a naked woman (caption: have you had your last ****?) and I reckon you'd convert anyone who had to sit in a piss-filled shell hole.

that would be propaganda and blatant lying.

These leaflets tell truthfully what will happen to them, and motivate just as much. The leaflets' messages are not belligerent or malicious, they simply give warnings.

Comment

• Bah, just drop some copies of Upskirting Magazine.
                            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• They're lame. Really lame.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
                                It may sound lame reading them while you are in your house, warm, and away from danger but once you are truly facing (and have seen friends die) you begin to listen a little more closely to messages like these.
                                I must admit I am a little insulted.

Please do not talk down to me until you have read my full post and understood it.

I clearly understand fear is a good..... and the most effective motivater.

What I also said is Saddam has more fear over his soldiers than these leaflets do.

EDIT: I may have misinterepereted your tone.

The average uneducated or poorly educated conscript Iraqi soldier could be taken by this "crp".
                                But I think the reason the Americans are using fear instead of a "positive" message is because they are afraid of the Iraqi will to fight.
                                I doubt most top brass believe the Iraqis will give up so easily this time around.
                                Last edited by NeOmega; March 11, 2003, 02:43.
                                Pentagenesis for Civ III
                                Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X