No announcement yet.

St Particks Day war? March 17 set as deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The weather forecast is pretty good through the 17th.

Today’s and tonight’s Ottawa, Ontario weather forecast, weather conditions and Doppler radar from The Weather Channel and Weather.com

Does anybody know when the moon will rise and set around that date?

Also, here's a good average temperature chart. Hope you aren't still there in July, Sprayber.

Last edited by DanS; March 8, 2003, 23:41.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by MrBaggins
      When the US is about to invade North Korea?
      A couple of months after we finish off Iraq.

And the Trog Dor smote the Kim Jong. And all was laid to burnination.

Comment

It seems possible that March 17 was given as the date, which would bring into the fold a majority in the SC. After it's clear it will pass, France and the others might come along or at least not veto if they negotiate for another week or two of time for the deadline--March 24 or 31.

That seems like a sensible negotiating strategy by Bush and Blair.
        Last edited by DanS; March 9, 2003, 05:41.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Id prefer they just went for it now, there seems little point in giving Saddam yet more time with which to convince the French they are disarming, only for them to Veto the whole thing anyway.

However, there are some good reasons to go for the 2nd resolution regardless.

It allows us to say "We Tried", and I think there is a sizable amount of people (part of the silent majority) who are livid with the French, and would support action regardless of the French Veto.

But most of all, there is one hand the US can play with this, and that is to essentially relegate France from the Security Council, not by removing them (that is simply not possible), but by ignoring them. Lets face it, what are they going to do ??? cry ??

And by letting it be known that the US and the UK from this moment forward, will ignore the french Veto in all things.

Something tells me its not over yet, will the french cut their veto to spite the US ?? Self interest always wins the day, so im guessing they will like saddam, goto the brink, then fall into line.
          "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

I doubt it will be on March 17th; during the last war they waited a week or so after the deadline before they started to bomb. I'm getting kind of pissed off at Bush for his incompetent handling of everything he touches; he's managed to get even supporters like Chile & Ghana to start speaking out against his short deadlines (8 days? What the hell is he thinking?) and his rush to war.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Reading the news today and I see that on top of the fence being cut by marines recently, there are contractors being paid to cut more holes and the UN civilian observers are all pulling out of the DMZ between Iraq & Kuwait.

Seems like war is going to happen very shortly with or without the UNSC approval.

Was going to celebrate St. Paddy's day too.

Comment

They can't wait much longer because iirc April starts getting hot. So, if they figure a 2 week war, it's over before they have to take off their hot bio gear.
                Long time member @ Apolyton
                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Sprayber, they might turn your unit into peacekeepers in Iraq, after the war. That way they can pull the RA divisions for quick redeployment to...maybe Korea?

I don't think peacekeeping will be much fun, sorry to say.
                  Long time member @ Apolyton
                  Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I doubt it will be on March 17th; during the last war they waited a week or so after the deadline before they started to bomb.
                    Gulf War I? IIRC the deadline was 15 January; bombs were falling within 24 hours. Maybe it was the 17th local time in Baghdad, but I'm sure it was only a day or so.
                    "When all else fails, a pigheaded refusal to look facts in the face will see us through." -- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

Comment

I heard another date... March 28th. My mom's birthday. She wasn't too happy.

It would be fitting to have it start on April 1st. Instead of "April Fool's Day", we should rename the day after our president... "The Fool's War Day".
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                      X