St Particks Day war? March 17 set as deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Particks Day war? March 17 set as deadline

Well, in the UNSC today, the US and UK have set March 17th as the final deadline for war against Iraq. I was planning some stuff with friends for St.Patrick's day, but maybe not if war is breaking out. So is this finally it for diplomacy and are we finally about to go to war? Or is there any chance of last minute compliance by Saddam?
    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

The last war was fabbo on CNN. I'll buy some Stella Artois and hopefully they'll be some good coverage. Nothing like staying up all night and being glued to the TV

Comment

Damn. They are only giving me two days to get to Kuwait?
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

You'd better hustle, or the war will be over before you get there.
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Yeah, the lunar tables make the 17th a great day to start a 19th century war...
          Be the bid!

Comment

Given the fact the resoltuion will probably get shot down, March 17 might not be the real deadline..whether it is before or not, no clue. Besides, even if it does pass, the dealine in March 17..so the War would begin the 18th, and Hence "The Hangover War"
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Why didn't they star this war on the 14th of February? I would have loved a remake of the St Valentine's Day Massacre...
              Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
              And notifying the next of kin
              Once again...

Comment

More aptly April 1st..."All Fool's Day".
                Life and death is a grave matter;
                all things pass quickly away.
                Each of you must be completely alert;
                never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSneak
                  More aptly April 1st..."All Fool's Day".
                  That'd be funny if he did use that as a day, and then of all a sudden he announced that the whole war thing was just a prank on Saddam.

"Given the fact the resoltuion will probably get shot down, March 17 might not be the real deadline.."

From watching the news it seemd like this is the deadline UN resolution or not, though I suppose war might be put off if Turkey decides to cooperate or there is a UN compromise.
                  "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Originally posted by Felch X
                    You'd better hustle, or the war will be over before you get there.
                    Im not opitimistic of that happening
                    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

WHen's the next protest?
                      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

When the US is about to invade North Korea?

Comment

According to the North Koreans, before the end of the year.
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Hmm ... if we go to war, I bet it won't be March 17. Probably before, since France, et al., have stated they will not support any resolution that contains a firm compliance date. Fighting will break out before March 17 ...

Gatekeeper
                            "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

It's not often I agree with Sten, but he has a point. The full moon is coming on the 18th. I thought the whole point of equipping U.S. soldiers with night vision goggles was that they could fight under cover of darkness.

Comment

Working...
                              X