Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assisted Suicide in Oregon...what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geez...hope I didn't put my foot in it, Obiwan.
    To make up for it, I'll give you another **** quote:
    "My ****'s so big, it has a ****, and that **** is bigger than yours."
    Life and death is a grave matter;
    all things pass quickly away.
    Each of you must be completely alert;
    never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

There should be no legal barriers to assisted suicide. As long as the process is actually voluntary. If a person is mentally or physically incapable of making such a decision, it should be subject to the consent of the family.
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

tp
        Last edited by Ramo; March 9, 2003, 03:23.
        "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
        -Bokonon

Comment

I think it's a good idea. No need to make people go through suffering.

You could also argue that technology is keeping people alive longer than they would be alive naturally. So any sort of "playing God" type of argument has to cut both ways.
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

tp.
            Last edited by Ramo; March 9, 2003, 03:22.
            -Bokonon

Comment

Freakin' barbarian hippies!

An estimated (by dispassionate medical authorities/journals) 10,000 unwilling euthanasia cases in the Netherlands shows this to be a very dangerous slippery slope.

IIRC there has already been a case here in the US that one of Kevorkian's assisted suicides was merely suffering from depression. I think charges of various sorts as well as a wrongful death lawsuit are pending.
              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
              X