Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumsfeld wants to move troops out of S. Korea!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumsfeld wants to move troops out of S. Korea!

OK it really didn't warrant an exclamation point. And I almost typed in N. Korea in the thread title .

I'm actually inclined to agree with him. But I do find this shocking stuff coming from a republican presidency.

In fact much of Bush's actions towards N. Korea seem pecurliar. He wants to shift the burden of N. Korean nukes to Japan, S. Korea, and China. Which only makes sense of course. But I'm used to republicans sticking their noses in everything. So I found this strange.

Does the white house not care about N. Korea anymore?

Will N. Korea attack if we remove our troops?

I have been thinking we should remove our troops since the 90's. But now doesn't seem like the time.
    Stay put
    20.83%
    Move further south along the peninsula
    8.33%
    Move to another country in the region such as Japan
    12.50%
    Go back to the U.S.
    37.50%
    Go to hell
    10.42%
    go to a banana republic
    10.42%

Well if North Koreas nukes Tokyo there is gonna be a financial meltdown on wall street so it s pretty stuoid
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

they would be insane to do that!

I think they would only use nukes if they attacked S. Korea, and discovered they were going to lose. They would then nuke Seaul (damn if I can spell that right)

Comment

It was about time that they realized nobody wants them to be there anymore- go back to the US and enjoy the N. Korean nukes toasting Seoul
        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

DPRK isn't going to launch a nuclear weapon at somebody soon.

I think he is trying to test the reactions of the new SK government.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

East Asians can take care of themselves, so there's no need for US troops to stay in that tinderbox. Bring 'em home.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I agree that they should be brought back to the US.
              http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                It was about time that they realized nobody wants them to be there anymore- go back to the US and enjoy the N. Korean nukes toasting Seoul
                Why would they realize something that isn't true?
                He's got the Midas touch.
                But he touched it too much!
                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Actually, with the current tension and all, this is not a good time to talk about withdrawal. Perhaps later...

(I was a little surprised to find that so far, I'm the only one who's voted for the "Stay put" option...)
                  "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
                  -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

actually I should have included a stay put for 6 months or so option.

Because I would have voted for that. I just think it's too dangerous to remove them until we are finished with iraq. Because N. Korea's best chance to attacks, is when we are busy with Iraq.

After that we can start a process of relocation.

Comment

thank the lord, thank the lord
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Sikander- are you familiar with S. Koreans' feelings toward the US gov?
                        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                          Sikander- are you familiar with S. Koreans' feelings toward the US gov?
                          Familiar enough to know that they vary quite a bit from person to person.

Comment

If the South Koreans want us out, then we should leave. They know more about their security situation than we do. If they trust a psychopathic dictator with a huge military not to attack them, we have no right to disagree with that assesment.

I still can´t figure out how Pyongyang managed to get the world to believe that we somehow provoked North Korea and are responsible for the current mess. We agreed to ship fuel to them if they stopped building nukes. They start building nukes again, we stop shipping the oil, and then we get blamed for breaking the treaty because of the stopped shipments. Unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Bruns
                              If the South Koreans want us out, then we should leave. They know more about their security situation than we do. If they trust a psychopathic dictator with a huge military not to attack them, we have no right to disagree with that assesment.

I still can´t figure out how Pyongyang managed to get the world to believe that we somehow provoked North Korea and are responsible for the current mess. We agreed to ship fuel to them if they stopped building nukes. They start building nukes again, we stop shipping the oil, and then we get blamed for breaking the treaty because of the stopped shipments. Unreal.
                              I agree with everything here. I voted to pull out of SK, and hold to that unless and until we can come up with a mutual agreement on how to handle the situation where the presence of U.S. troops play a useful role. Currently this does not seem to be the case.

Comment

Working...
                              X