Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All hail the fascist regime of Great Britain.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All hail the fascist regime of Great Britain.

Greek man in court on terror charges

A Greek man was remanded in custody when he appeared in court on charges under the Terrorism Act.
    Charalumvos Dousemetzis, 25, a former student at Northumbria University, Newcastle, was arrested by officers at an address in the Heaton area of the city on February 25.

Dousemetzis, who has lived in Britain for the past eight years, is accused of possessing articles which may be used in connection with the instigation, preparation or commission of an act of terrorism.

He was charged on Monday with two offences under section 57 of the Terrorism Act 2000.

He was remanded in custody until 11 March when he appeared before Bedlington magistrates on Tuesday.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

So this is necessairily from an english source so you understand.

Some more information.

Apparently this student was preparing a PhD on terrorism in Greece.

That's the material they're talking about

But his real crime it would seem is posting on a site that the real terrorists are the Americans and he also congratulated in a web site 17N.

So expression of opinion is now a criminal offence in Great Britain.

Good to know

He is being charged with an offence, which means they won't be able to tell us what the evidence is aginst him until the trial, so how you know what he has done is beyond me
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

**This post censored by the British Government**
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

The prevention of terrorism act does give the police some pretty draconian powers.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

I would guess, that they have arrested him following intelligence received from the Greeks, I can't believe our intelligence services would waste too much time on this man unless asked to
          Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Comment

I doubt it either. Too expensive.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

The Greek consulate wasn't even informed about his arrest. What a load of crap police state you got there.
              Criminilization of thought, way to go. The Greek embassy has demanded to be given information about this case.

Your terrorism laws would be silly if they weren't so fascist.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                The prevention of terrorism act does give the police some pretty draconian powers.
                It's very sad to see it happen here.

Comment

Hey... tone it down. If you want to troll, fine. If you want to rant... take it somewhere else.
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Were you that sensitive Ming when there were tons of trolls thrown at Greece about the plane spotter case?

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                      The Greek consulate wasn't even informed about his arrest. What a load of crap police state you got there.
                      Criminilization of thought, way to go.
                      It's only a police state if you're foreign, of course.

Comment

If teh greeks told us about him then they would already know.

If they haven't done the arrest correctly he can sue the police( this happens all the time and in our repressive police state they have to pay out all the time)

He can't be held indefinatley and he will be releaed or tried or deported, I know you hate the UK but our legal sytem is reasonably fair

Comment

Well if it turns out to be a shambles like the trainspooters case I will be the 1st to condem it

Comment

I don't hate the UK but your system is crap and would be hilarious if it wasn't so damn fascist.

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                              Were you that sensitive Ming when there were tons of trolls thrown at Greece about the plane spotter case?
                              Those plane-spotters should have been locked up, anybody who uses their leisure time to travel thousands of miles for the sole purpose of taking pictures of aircraft is so monumentally tedious that they deserve to be expunged from humanity.

Comment

Working...
                              X