Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Agathon and whoever else can be bothered is quitting smoking thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Agathon and whoever else can be bothered is quitting smoking thread.

Well I'm going to try and quit smoking again. I've smoked on and off for five years and I've about had enough of it - it costs too much and you have to stand outside in the freezing cold. Besides my wife has quit smoking and has made certain conditions clear which mean I'll have to quit or go insane.

Who else is game?

We can update our progress through this thread or others and mock those who fail. At least it's some incentive. I'm not going to use patches - I've gone cold turkey before and stayed off for a few months at a time.
    Only feebs vote.

You can do eet!
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I have never been a smoker, but you have my support.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

My brother managed to quit cold turkey, using the patented "Get engaged to a girl who doesn't like cigarettes" technique.
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

My problem was shacking up with a girl who smoked, unfortunately I ended up marrying her.

Does nobody else on AP smoke?
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

You can always try "My family gang up on my smoking habit" technique. Worked on my dad.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

You can try "I have a heart attack because of the cig, and survive". Worked on my Uncle for several years. That is, until his second and lethal heart attack
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Well I'm starting now.

Goodnight.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Or the "Have three heart attacks and die" method employed by the pastor of my folks' parish.
                  <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I'm glad to see my "Don't be a moron - Quit Smoking" advice is going to good use.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Good luck
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Re: The Agathon and whoever else can be bothered is quitting smoking thread.

Originally posted by Agathon
                        Besides my wife has quit smoking and has made certain conditions clear which mean I'll have to quit or go insane.
                        Lysistrata? Best of luck anyhow.
                        Old posters never die.
                        They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

Comment

Smoked off and on for 20 years. Started when I was 12 and just decided to quit and put it down. I would have one or two the first week or two but after that I just made up my mind it wasn't what I wanted. It also helped that I went to a friends house who smoked and had to get something out of her closet and was just overwhelmed by the clothes smelling of smoke. Big turn off.
                          Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                          Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                          Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                          You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                            Well I'm starting now.

Goodnight.
                            good for you
                            "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                            - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                            Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Re: Re: The Agathon and whoever else can be bothered is quitting smoking thread.

Originally posted by Adam Smith
                              Lysistrata?
                              Ah, an educated man.

Well I'm off now - to a smokeless future.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                              X