• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beer
    You make my life and times
    A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

What should I eat in order to have a fairly significant and fairly quick weight gain? And I'm not talking about fat... Whats some good and easy to make foods that will help me out?
      If you don't just want to gain fat, you have to slowly add the amount of meat and excercise regularly.

...Why do you want to gain weight, do you have anorexia nervosa?
      Last edited by RGBVideo; March 4, 2003, 00:33.

Comment

He wants to impress the chicks.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

stop smoking crack you inner city scum
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

didn't we help you on this before? Or was that someone else?

peanut butter. lots of it.

Comment

where should you apply this peanut butter? i assume around the gonad regions but i need confirmation
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

So it works only for men?
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

women have gonads, internal gonads.

Comment

Eat about 30-50% more calories per day than recommended, and have a set workout regime, possibly without too much cardio work.

I eat about 4000kcal a day, but i don't gain any weight as I do lot of cardiovascular training (rowing, rowing, rowing, and a bit of running) as well as heavy weights. I am planning to gain about 15-20lbs to get me to about 220, which should be about ideal for a rower my height (6'6"). This should be muscle mass not fat.

Same goes for you i assume. Don't go for the fatty foods that some here recommend, although some fat is good. Try to keep about a 40-60% carbohydrate, 15-25% protein, rest fat balance. Eat wholewheat bread, pasta, rice, balance it with fish and red meat. Keep eating your veg though, as you don't want to lose out on other things in your quest to get big.

Comment

Lots of milk and lots of squats.
                      "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

I didn't look, but has anyone said bananas? Seriously.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

And potatoes. They'll do it too. And potatoes have so many methods of preparation to enjoy. I love spuds.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Go do hard physical labour all day. haying, digging,
                            eat all you want of whatever you want. You won't
                            get fat and you will get muscule. Workin out at some
                            gym is not the same as hard physical labour.

Comment

thank you for your help.

Dissident:

yeah it was me but all i got was to eat this weird French Canadian fur trader food. I wanted to know something more practical.

Alright... spaghetti, peanut butter sandwiches, and meat... what about eggs? Are they a good idea?

thanks
                              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Protein good. Eggs gots lots of protein. Yet, they also have lots of cholesterol. Be careful with them, if you eat lots of eggs drink a lot of red wine.

Spageht. is carbs... better for cardio work outs. Same with bread.

When I use to work out I would take suppliments, may be a good idea, if you are strict about your workout regime. I use to take Animal Packs, the worked good, but made pee stink.

The best way to get bulk is carbs, the best way to get muscle is protein. Balance the two, and you should be fine.
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X