Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What car do you own and what car would you like to own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What car do you own and what car would you like to own?

After my crash of a couple of weeks ago I needed a new car, so today I went an bought one. Well actually, I just ordered - it will take 2 months to 'build' it.

This is the first car that I have ever bought 'first-hand', ie. directly from the manufacturer. Usually I buy my cars second hand, but since I have diplomatic status this time I get a whopping 27% discount for buying a brand new car straight from the manufacturer.

Anyway, I chose a BMW 318i. It isn't a very big car, and the engine isn't very big, but it is as nice as I can afford. I had a 31 before (the one I crashed into the tree) and really liked it, although I always felt it could do with a bit more acceleration.

Since I am getting such a big discount I treated myself to all the knobs and whistles - CD player, GPS navigation system, hands-off telephone system, leather seats etc.

So what car do you drive and what car would you most like to drive?

I drive a VW Polo Saloon 1.6l
    I would quite like to drive a VW Passat.

I don't know too much about whats available and whats nice to drive so I would have to test drive a few cars before I could settle on one.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I don't have my own car.
      If I had to realistically choose a car, it'd be either a VW Golf/Jetta/Passat or a Mini...
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I drive a 1994 Geo Metro. When it dies, I'd like to get a new Metro--but they don't make them anymore. I'm so pissed! I haven't seen anything new that combines the small size, low price and high gas mileage of the Metro.
        "THE" plus "IRS" makes "THEIRS". Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

I drive a 1995 Forb Probe GT. It has a nice 2.5L V6, AC, 5-spd, power everything, and is white with a grey interior. Currently there are 130,000 miles on the odometer. It's a nice car but it's getting long in the tooth so I'll probably be in the market looking for a nice late model car soon.

I've decided that come hell or high water my next car is going to be a convertable. I know they are impractical but I've wanted a roadster since I was old enough to drive and now that I'm in my mid 20's I'm going to make it happen. My wet dream is a 2 year old Porche Boxster S but the price may very well be prohibitive.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Well when my rents get me my car this summer it'll prob be a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac...just what i want
            I just don't know anymore.

Comment

I drive a 1992 Buick LeSabre. I honestly don't know what my dream car is. Probably something that doesn't handle like a boat.
              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I don't own a car now. Hell, I don't even have my license yet, but if I had it, I'd like either a Toyota Corolla or an Alfa Romeo 147.
                My dream car is still the Lotus Elise, but realistically I won't be able to acquire one in the near future.

:drool:

Last edited by Zopperoni; March 1, 2003, 18:51.

Comment

Explorers are icky. They are low quality, there engineering is 10 years behind everyone else’s, and they don't perform well either on road or off road. If you want an SUV then Nissan, Toyota, or the new Chevy Trail Blazer are the ones to get. The price will be similar to the Ford but you'll be getting a modern well engineered car instead of an ancient dinosaur.
                  Last edited by Dinner; March 1, 2003, 18:54.

Comment

I don't own a car

would like to have a Mini (which is just a bit out of my price range)

Jon Miller
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

The Mini is a nice car but for the kind of money they're charging I can get a much larger, better equiped, American or Japanese car.

Comment

I don't have a car, I don't have a driving licence and if all goes to plan I'll never have to buy a car in my entire life.
                        Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                        Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Little
                          I drive a 1994 Geo Metro. When it dies, I'd like to get a new Metro--but they don't make them anymore. I'm so pissed! I haven't seen anything new that combines the small size, low price and high gas mileage of the Metro.

Actually we saw an advertisement the other night for the new honda hybird. That's the name of the car and it boast 51 miles to the gallon highway and 42 in the city not bad for gas milage.

I have two cars that I drive. Mine is 1999 Nissan Altima and the one I really love to drive now is my husband's 94 Ford Mustang convertable. Slap that tape in the tape player and take the roof down and voila!!
                          Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                          Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                          Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                          You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

I own a Toyota Corrola. I'd like to drive a Mercedes, but that probably won't happen.
                            "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

I currently own a Peugeot 106...in approximately 9 and a half hours time I will own a Nissan Almera. My current car is very spartan, my next car will have electric windows, power steering, remote central locking, air conditioning, ABS, etc, etc...

I hope I can sleep tonight with this excitement
                              Last edited by Provost Harrison; March 1, 2003, 20:31.
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X