The Atlantic Humour Gulf...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanS
    I read an article about him and he didn't seem too funny. Wouldn't better gags be where the person being interviewed makes the punchline?
    the whole point is that the interviewee doesn't know its a setup, THAT what makes it funny. it's one of the reasons he had to go over to the US, everyone in the UK was on to him!!

there's a couple of clips of him on Kazaa, but i can see it being the type of humour that doesn't 'travel' well!

I read somewhere thou that one of the US papers that DID give a good review was the NY Times, which I'd always thought was a quite conservative paper?

Comment

I've only heard a bit about Ali G, but it sounds a bit like Primetime Glick, which isn't funny.
      If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

which I'd always thought was a quite conservative paper?

Oh please stop. My sides are hurting.

I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
          which I'd always thought was a quite conservative paper?

Oh please stop. My sides are hurting.

has my knowledge of American papers let me down? .....'hangs his head in shame'

..and yes, it's very funny

Comment

Working...
          X