Sadam to world: "I just shot myself in the foot!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sadam to world: "I just shot myself in the foot!"

Saddam refuses to destroy missles which the U.N. found which are in violation of the U.N. mandates........does he WANT to loose the backing of fantatics like the French(or at least make it harder for them to support him)?

This also has me puzzle Vesayen.

I mean he pretty much had the edge in the political game but this is bizzare. I wonder what's going on.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

You would THINK he would just want to play along with his French slaves.....does he think being bold now will get him ANYWHERE?

Comment

The psychological reports I've read say that he overestimates himself, and literally has no idea of his chances. This is exponentially compounded by the fact that all of his advisors are yes men, who can't give him a realistic estimate of his chances for fear of being killed.

At first glance this might be the case but on second glance I wonder what's going on. It couldn't be that simple. Or could it?

Perhaps he is becoming overconfident?
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I remember reading that one of the nazis worst mistakes was when Goering (or was it Gobbels, sorry for mispelling) told Hitler that 'sure we have lots and lots of planes, we will hold, we are great lots of planes mr fuhrer', and in reality he was not telling the truth, and Hitler trusted him and it really screwed up some plans...

.. this could be the case too, except that his advisors are to scared to tell the truth about what they really think, just like Ted Striker said.

It also comes to my mind, that maybe he is as ready as he can get right now. He's been playing time for long time now, and maybe he has like silos full of wmds, ready to gass people etc and now he wants the war to start.. I hope this is not the case.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I hope that is not the case either.

I didn't know the part about Goering. Usually Hitler is the one that gets blamed for all the overconfident mistakes.

I just learned something new.

Comment

Yep, I saw a documentary about it.. he lied to Hitler the capabilities and he told that they would be able to produce lots and lots more planes that it was even possible.. and Hitler counted some of his plans on this, and obviously was no good. But I'm not sure if it was Goering or Goebbels.

And as to Saddams strategy, I think he's not bluffing, what's to bluff?!?! Maybe he wants thsi to begin soon.. I can think of one good reason. First of all, his troops are getting more tired, since they are in constant readyness, and it's stressing the men too much. Waiting must be bad and exhausting. His chances, how low they may be, are better if it starts sooner, than later. If he is not able to get alliances or anything from other countries, its better to start now.. that's my opinion. I wouldn't let the guys wait too much.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I half recall that Georing at least twice promised Hitler something that he could not produce: air suppremacy in the Battle of Britain and the resupply the surrounded army in Stalingrad.
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

yeah, Speer was the "yes" man advising Hitler that Germany had air-supremacy. Hitler also made some mistakes by delaying production of jet fighters.

On-Topic though... I think Saddam is just testing to see how much he can get away with. If push comes to shove, he'll destory the missiles. So far, in his eyes, he's winning the political battle. But I agree that it's somewhat of an over-confident move. I would have expected him to agree to the destruction of the missiles and then simply hid them and said, "What missiles, I already destroyed them!".
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I believe one of two possibilities:

1.) Saddam has decided that war is inevitable and will not part with any weapon that he has.

2.) Saddam has overestimated the political clout he has obtained from receiving political backing from France, Germany, and Russia. Thus causing him to believe that he may keep these weapons as a negotiating tool to further delay the disarmament process.
                    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

gah, finally. hopefully he'll do more dumb things, and make the US's job of proving a case against him more easy... not that proving a case against this lying, cheating, mass murdering dictator should ever have been hard...
                      "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                      - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                      Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Kramerman
                        gah, finally. hopefully he'll do more dumb things, and make the US's job of proving a case against him more easy... not that proving a case against this lying, cheating, mass murdering dictator should ever have been hard...
                        It wouldn't have been if other countries didn't have their own agenda and used the media to drag in peace loving people to object.
                        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

*cough* France *cough* *cough* Germany

Comment

I remember reading that one of the nazis worst mistakes was when Goering (or was it Gobbels, sorry for mispelling) told Hitler that 'sure we have lots and lots of planes, we will hold, we are great lots of planes mr fuhrer', and in reality he was not telling the truth, and Hitler trusted him and it really screwed up some plans...

.. this could be the case too, except that his advisors are to scared to tell the truth about what they really think, just like Ted Striker said.

It also comes to my mind, that maybe he is as ready as he can get right now. He's been playing time for long time now, and maybe he has like silos full of wmds, ready to gass people etc and now he wants the war to start.. I hope this is not the case

Comment

He doesn't have to decide until March 7. Hold your horses, warmongers.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X