Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've had a fantastic idea and would like advice on what to do with it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not interested in getting rich eh Rich?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

i just had an idea for you ..completely off the subject though....
      mail order bride!
      eh..just a thought.
      "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
        Anyway, then you need to find if somebody else has already beat you to it.
        That's where I would start. No need to hire a lawyer. Just do research at the patent office.

If no one has got the idea, do the work required to patent it.

Then you need to decide whether you have the skills to be a businessman, and the desire.
        Golfing since 67

Comment

I am not sure how easy it is to apply for a patent though. Copyrights are easy, but patents seem to be quite complicated.
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

lemme guess... chocolate flavour?
            A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

That's "jawohl," sweinhundt.
              that's "schweinhund". scheisse!
              CSPA

Comment

btw, I believe toiletpaper is edible anyhoo.

I applied for a patent once. got rejected though. "not feasible" they said

CSPA

Comment

You need to make sure that you get it patented in the US. There have been countless examples of inventions being patented in Europe and the patent being over-ruled by the US courts because it wasn't pateneted in the US.

Comment

Rogan,

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                    The requirements are different country to country, but I strongly advice you to get one in the US. Their patent office is run by silly doofuses who actually allow people to patent perpetual motion machines (with slightly different wordings).

Comment

Patents are expensive, esp if they are europe-wide or international. Depending on the idea, it might be some other variety of intellectual property. If you think it will be worth something, invest some money into a preliminary consultation with a patent/IP lawyer.

And the correct form is "Schweinehund" and "Scheiße".
                      “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

ach. aber heute kann mann ß als ss schreiben, nicht war?
                        CSPA

Comment

In Australia most large universities have a company which will hook you up with the necessary technical and legal expertise. In exchange, the advisors and the company get a cut of any profits. Perhaps there is something similar in your country?

Comment

Try this

Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Working...
                            X