Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've had a fantastic idea and would like advice on what to do with it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've had a fantastic idea and would like advice on what to do with it.

OK, here is the thing. I have had this marvellous idea, simple yet effective that would make the lives of many much, much easier, and a potentially lucrative one, and I am wondering where I can proceed with it from this point. Does anyone know how to deal with an invention, getting it from a basic idea to a workable concept and then milking it for all it is worth?

I am not going to tell you what it is, but let us say for the sake of argument that it is edible toilet roll. How would I go about taking this vague concept for edible toilet roll and investigating it's feasibility? How would I make a working prototype of it and how would I get people to pay me huge amounts of dosh for the concept?
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

who would want to eat an etible toilet paper?

don;t want to diss your brainstorming but it isn't very attractive?

Comment

Just forget it, would be best for us all...
      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
      And notifying the next of kin
      Once again...

Comment

For that particular example, I would pay you NOT to develop it.

Comment

Without knowing what it is, we'd have no way of knowing how feasible it would be for you to get a working model of it nor to whom you should go for such a thing.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

In any case, if it is an euressitechnia (yeah right in english forget it) the most common and easy procedure (and relateively safe) is to have it recorded in the national library.

the first step to acquire a patent on it.

you can call public services in england and ask them about what to do, could probably differ from country to country.

CALL THEM! AND GET RICH!

Comment

CALL THEM! AND GET RICH!

But he already is a Rich?
              Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
              And notifying the next of kin
              Once again...

Comment

paiktis, the idea isn't edible toilet paper, that was just a joke But I do have a proper idea
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Hey PH, how's life? Everything is ok? Need some help or advice? Just remember your good Israeli friend.
                  "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Got rich?

yep i understood it. characteristically late

Comment

i bet rich's invention is an automated masturbation machine.

Comment

There are companies here that will provide all the expertise that you need and I'd guess they also exist in the UK. Since you've only got an idea you're not likely to get much for it. If its something you could build a prototype of and patent then you should do that first. Once thats done you run around trying to flog it to companies who make similar items or you can try to raise the cash via the bank, your family, and or shareholders and manufacture it yourself.
                        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22

You are one post away from another restriction.
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

It was humour Ming (and a damn brilliant idea too )

Comment

Working...
                              X