Border bust nets 10 tons of marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zylka -
    Sava - why do you think there was any resource of authority wasted into this bust?
    You can't answer that yourself? The dogs trained to sniff out the drugs could have been trained to sniff out chemicals that might be used by people intent on mass murder. ALL the people involved in chasing down drugs could be chasing terrorists and their potential means of attack. I know this isn't really common sense for people who think creating massive black markets in drugs won't create crime, but diverting roughly half of law enforcement resources to "preventing" people from using drugs (and other "vices") means roughly half of law enforcement resources are not being devoted to real crime like murder, rape and robbery (and terrorism).

Should the borders simply stop the minimal searches they already have?
    For drugs? Yes, for WMD, increase the searches. But since you seem to think pot is more dangerous that anthrax , that might not make sense. So we train all these dogs to sniff out pot, cocaine, and heroin which means fewer dogs are trained to sniff out the bad stuff.

Is it the criminal processing time of this case that is the waste?
    It's always a waste, jails and courts have limited capacity. Who do you think serves less time to make room for all the drug users? Real criminals...I feel so much safer.

What exactly are you saying should have been done here, because I'm a little off as to why a few hours time of 3 canine units and an overweight texan with a flashlight are seen as such a gravely misused resource?
    A little shortsighted too.

Shame if all you can come up with is "LEGALIZE IT, D00D"
    The shame is on your head for making us all less safe by supporting a policy that creates crime while diverting away from real crime.

When was the last time you heard of alcohol dealers having shootouts over marketshare?

Comment

Zylka... my anti-drug!

More than half of the people in American prisons are in there for drug related charges. 2 million Americans are currently in the prison system, this does not even take into account the jails which house poorer alleged criminals. This failing war on drugs is costing many more dollars and wasted man-hours than a few "overweight texans with a flashlight".

Perhaps some more serious 'Poly members can post factual-based evidence so we can hold an effective debate on the subject rather than exchange or be the target of a drug-fueled flaming rant.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Lose your stake, Sava?
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Whoa, I just made some brownies. They were good.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I feel so much safer now.

maybe I can go to a rock concert without smelling that nasty weed again.

Comment

Good,,, I hate thugz and drugs!

Comment

Working...
              X