Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But I repeat myself.

Comment

Me and a friend (about 11 y.o.) threw snowballs at some guys window and he chased us with a torch and a big dog for hours. Quite traumatic.
      Not that it prevented us from throwing snowballs at other peoples' windows the next day
      CSPA

Comment

Actually, I'm sure there's not. Imagine a supermarket that is purposefully unfriendly to families and you'll imagine a supermarket that will be out of business in 6 months.
        But I'd shop there! They can probably save a reasonable amount on spillages and broken goods, and they can devote more space to mature product lines, like wine and stuff. Plus, they can sell 'adult' products to further boost their income.

Comment

That's not a bad idea
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Geez, weren't you all kids once upon a time?
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by JCG
              Early teens can be the worst though, especially if they're spoiled brats.
              Small kids I don't worry about I'm a parent and I understand. Plus small kids are just having fun. One thing I can't stand is early to middle teens on the bus, especially girls. There is nothing worse then being on a bus full of screeching, swearing teenage girls. Giggling and wailing at each other. Most bus drivers will tell them to quiet down then the girls will tell him to F off or something but at least they shut up because they know they will get kicked off if they don't.

Comment

I have to agree. Small kids are not that annoying, they are just someties loud, and that's ok. Early teens are the worst.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
                  My problem is the dogs around here. People seem to be completely inconsiderate when it comes to dogs; just let them run loose or stay outside and bark all night. We have public land behind our house, with a sign clearly stating that dogs must be on leashes, but our neighbors seem to think they are exempted from this requirement. It got so bad we had to fence the backyard (US$3000) to keep their dogs out. Any "authority" we contacted didn't seem to take us seriously.

I hate irresponsible, inconsiderate dog owners.
                  Thats my worst nightmare...having dogs freely roam the streets where they can get me Luckily my neighborhood hasn't got many dogs, and those people that do have dogs keep them well under control....except one. One guy across the street from me doesn't put his dog on a leash, probably because its so small I guess. Whenever I'm outside near his house and that little rat thing gets out it charges after me and I run screaming back into my own house. It LOOKS like a rodent. I've seen ferrets bigger than this thing, yet it seems to think its capable of attacking people. One of these days its going to run out under a car or something. Not that I want that to happen, but it kind of serves them right for letting the beast run around like that.

Little kids aren't a problem in my neighborhood, since most of them have grown out of the "let-yell-and-scream-and-annoy-the-neighbors-because-they-cant-do-anything-about-it-because-we-aren't-their-kids" thing. Actually, I dont remember the kids in my neighborhood ever being annoying, but then again I was one of them then
                  RGO
                  6-23-18
                  5-2-02

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman

But I'd shop there! They can probably save a reasonable amount on spillages and broken goods, and they can devote more space to mature product lines, like wine and stuff. Plus, they can sell 'adult' products to further boost their income.
                    Tell you what. Go to a supermarket and note the following:

1. Avg. $ amount purchased by 22 year old male.

2. Avg. $ amount purchased by 33 year old mother of 1.

Once again, the place would shut down within 6 months.

Comment

The UK alcohol laws allow kids in pubs if meals are served, or if there's a seperate room where no booze is available.

Of course the little dears don't worry about these restrictions.

NEVER go in a "child-friendly" pub in England!

Comment

Working...
                      X