No announcement yet.

Plan 9 From Outer Space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he knows throughout how awful the movie is and is considerably more knowing and ironic than you'd think.
    Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
    Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Hmmmmm I've got a VHS of "Lobster Man from Mars" and "Girlfriend from Hell" should be interesting watching, if not quite as bad as Plan 9.
      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Glen or Glenda is Wood's most hilarious movie. His crew is really an epic drama
        Ed himself, the drug ridden Bela Lugosi, the catcher-freak...

But I have to say, compared to a good deal of B-movies today, Ed Wood's stories were not in the least less credible, less coherent or more cheesy. Just the camera work and the effects have become better for today's "Ed Woods".
        "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
        "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

I tried watching Plan 9 once. I fell asleep. We all fell asleep.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

But imagine the poor soul who was looking for some fun when the movie was released... he just sees the movie poster, "hm, Plan 9 from Outer Space? That sounds funny", and then he is the victim of such a horrible piece of celluloid... He would probably demand his money back...
            You soon realize what the film is like though. I remember the scene where some undead turns into a clean skeleton as one of the most out-of-place experiences I ever saw in a movie. And you have to love the flying saucers burning over Holliwood with the lines dangling...
            Clash of Civilization team member
            (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
            web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

BTW where did you find it?

Kazaa or something like that?

I am interested in watching it. I think..

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                BTW where did you find it?

Kazaa or something like that?

I am interested in watching it. I think..
                Emule

I found the movie here: http://www.sharereactor.com
                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                And notifying the next of kin
                Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly

Almost. Lugosi died just a few days after principle shooting began; there was little or no actual footage of him shot, but Wood needed his name on the credits to sell the thing. So he spliced in home movie footage of Lugosi prancing about in his Dracula costume, then replaced him in the movie with Wood's wife's chiropractor (or maybe dentist; I can't recall), who was a good foot taller than Lugosi as well as being blonde.
                  Oooh, thanks for that info. They showed it a few times on British TV - I loved it.

I seem to remember an adventure game based on it a few years ago that had the video packaged with it. Never bought it unfortunately, but if it gets a re-issue, I'll definitely get one!

Comment

You can get the game at The Underdogs

You'll learn which technologies are right for your business and will help you increase sales, speed up transactions, reduce labor costs and protect your data.

You play a private eye that has to retrieve the film reels that are stolen by Bela Lugosi's replacement, who wants to replace Lugosi's's scenes with his own and then colorize the movie...
                    Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                    And notifying the next of kin
                    Once again...

Comment

Thanks - I like adventures anyway, so I'll give that a download.

I hope it's bad

Comment

Working...
                      X