Gods and Generals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Superior to Gettysburg, albeit not perfect. They didn't overdo it with Glory. And it was shorter, mercifully shorter.

It's been many years since I have seen it...
    I never got around to seeing Gettysburg. At least not all of it. I saw the previews and watched a little of the battle scenes but it didnt grab my attention.

Has anyone seen Andersonville. It was a TNT movie i believe sometime back. It was a little long but It was pretty good. Lot better than what I saw of Gettysburg.
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

i liked andersonville...but i was hoping for more lunacy, like cannibalism and a antagonist like the colonel klink
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

At the end of the war. the north shoulda rounded up all the people who fought for the south and had them shot.
        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
          At the end of the war. the north shoulda rounded up all the people who fought for the south and had them shot.
          Yeah, that would have helped North-South relations a lot...

I think the North should have been a little less conciliatory, just to stamp out the future strains of Southern revisionism and apologism, but that would have been quite a bit too far, dontcha think?
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber

I never got around to seeing Gettysburg. At least not all of it. I saw the previews and watched a little of the battle scenes but it didnt grab my attention.

Has anyone seen Andersonville. It was a TNT movie i believe sometime back. It was a little long but It was pretty good. Lot better than what I saw of Gettysburg.
            I still think the best Civil War movie I've seen is the TV miniseries The Blue and the Gray. It's pretty balanced, free from too much maudlin sentimentality, and gives some interesting (albeit fictional) stories. There aren't really any spectacular battle sequences, but that's not what it's about anyway.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I think the North should have been a little less conciliatory, just to stamp out the future strains of Southern revisionism and apologism, but that would have been quite a bit too far, dontcha think?
              Then we'd still be plinking your sorry asses from the bushes every chance we got.

"We'll fight 'em till hell freezes over, then we'll fight 'em on the ice. "
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Woohooo, go Union!
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

Then we'd still be plinking your sorry asses from the bushes every chance we got.

"We'll fight 'em till hell freezes over, then we'll fight 'em on the ice. "
                  Then we'd just have to come back and stomp your asses a second time, and this time not be so nice about it.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Burn, Dixieland!

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Like I said . . . we shoulda had them all shot.
                      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

who needs a war to burn dixieland? im for it now! mama wont be able to get out of the doublewide!
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I still think the best Civil War movie I've seen is the TV miniseries The Blue and the Gray. It's pretty balanced, free from too much maudlin sentimentality, and gives some interesting (albeit fictional) stories. There aren't really any spectacular battle sequences, but that's not what it's about anyway.
                          Any movie with Patrick Swayze in it, is automatically suspect.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

Any movie with Patrick Swayze in it, is automatically suspect.

ACK!
                            That would be North and South.

The Blue and the Gray has Stacey Keach!
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

That would be North and South.

The Blue and the Gray has Stacey Keach!
                              Oh you are right, I've laways gotten the 2 confused.

ACK!
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

Oh you are right, I've laways gotten the 2 confused.

ACK!
                                You mean Patrick Swayze and Stacey Keach? How odd...
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X