Gods and Generals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gods and Generals

This movie opens today and since it is expected to be historically accurate it will reveal the ineptitude of early Federal leaders and depict scenes of Federal bluebellies running.

I am looking forward to it.

My question. Do you think there will be a backlash against the movie because it will focus on Confederate success?

The reviews I've seen are quite hip on how accurate the movie is when it comes to showing that some slaves did indeed like licking their masters' boots.

They were down on the Southern charm, though.

Gatekeeper
    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

It's getting almost universally panned, making it sound even worse than Gettysburg.

Rotten Tomatoes, home of the Tomatometer, is the most trusted measurement of quality for Movies & TV. The definitive site for Reviews, Trailers, Showtimes, and Tickets

My favorite:

"Civil War battle re-enactment scenes surrounded by the longest high school play ever."

Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

USA! USA! USA!
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

ZING! thats pretty brutal
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I really enjoyed Gettysburg, but from what I heard of the reviews this one is really bad.
            "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Looks interesting. Jimmytrick, if you hate this great union so much... leave!
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Who wins the war?
                ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Hey, I liked Gettysburg too.
                  If the reviews are any indication though, this one is a stinker.
                  http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Gettysburg was overly-sentimental, overly-long, over-scored and overdone. Giving every damn character a long-winded, flowery speech while the orchestra soared away got old real damn fast.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

The commericals I've seen have them fighting on manacured lawns.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                        The commericals I've seen have them fighting on manacured lawns.
                        It was neighbor against neighbor. If you aren't willing to fight for your neighborhood property values, what are you willing to fight for?
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                          Gettysburg was overly-sentimental, overly-long, over-scored and overdone. Giving every damn character a long-winded, flowery speech while the orchestra soared away got old real damn fast.
                          What did yout think about Glory with Mathew Brodrick and Morgan Freedman
                          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber
                            What did yout think about Glory with Mathew Brodrick and Morgan Freedman
                            Superior to Gettysburg, albeit not perfect. They didn't overdo it with Glory. And it was shorter, mercifully shorter.

It's been many years since I have seen it...
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I don't know about the movie, but has anyone seen the computer game? :barf:
                              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                              X