Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can somone help me, with this strange Windows problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can somone help me, with this strange Windows problem?

Lately I have had some strange problems with WinXP:

- When in a game/program (That runs fullscreen) sometimes I'm just returned to Windows (in the same way as the Alt+tab... The program/game is still open)... (And I don't get any msgs from ICQ or something)

- In some of my games (two to be excact... on is an "old" game (2 years old), and the other one is brand new), the colors change at random time... I can't take a screenshot of the colors, since the screenshot is 90% black (While in the game, I can still recognize the objects)

Does anyone have any idea, what could cause this?
    This space is empty... or is it?

Well the best solution is to stop using Windows SuXP. It's probably transferring all your details to the evil castle in Redmond in preparation for future Gates blackmailing scams.

[Waits for Asher to start ranting and raving]

What's the game?
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

The first problem could be caused by anything, the second problem could be caused by... anything
      This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Originally posted by Ari Rahikkala
        The first problem could be caused by anything, the second problem could be caused by... anything
        Remind me to never hire you as an advisor on... anything.
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

For your second problem, does the colour scheme return to normal if you escape to Windows (<alt>+<tab>)
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I don't know if the colors return to normal after a short visit to windows, since in my game 1 (Worms World Party) it's impossible to return to the game, after going to windows... And in my second game, I haven't tried it, since it has only happened twice, and I found a solution: Switch resolution to something else, and then back again (Can't do that in WWP, in the middle of a game)

On problem 1, I have seen it in these programs/games:
            Worms World Party
            American Conquest
            Internet Explorer (It doesn't shift "back" to windows, since it's in Windows, but it makes IE shift to "background" (not minimize))
            Windows Media Player 8.0

Comment

It's probably a problem with your video driver.
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

If in doubt, Reboot.

If still in doubt, post a forum message.

If continuing doubt, call technical support.

If you just are still doubting everything you see man, read the manual.
                meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                  It's probably a problem with your video driver.
                  I'm using the same drivers as before my last format...

Originally posted by mrmitchell
                  If in doubt, Reboot.
                  Already did... tons of times..

If still in doubt, post a forum message.
                  Done

If you just are still doubting everything you see man, read the manual.
                  And which manual is that? Windows manual? Video driver manual?

One thing that might cause the "return-to-windows" problem, might be that lately my mouse-driver has written the "mouse connected on port blah blah blah" on the screen (I'm using wireless mouse/Keyboard)... This msg has never appeired when I returned to windows though...
                  I have a logitech mouse, using the second latest mouse-driver (can't remember version)... I was only able to find two mouse drivers: The newest which has some very annoying features, and then this one...

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
                    I'm using the same drivers as before my last format...
                    When did the problem start? Right after you installed the games or have played them awhile?

Comment

The problem started about a week ago, but I didn't install anything special at that time...

Comment

OK... did you install anything normal, then ? Or was there anything you changed then?
                        This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Okay, when all else fails, reinstall

Comment

Air >> The only difference is, that I have installed several HTML editors, but have uninstalled all of them again... other than that, it's all the same as usual...

UR >> I'm not interested in formatting the HD again (Have done that 3 times, during the last month )

Comment

Changed drivers or any hardware at all since then? Has one of your drivers being downgraded since reformatting that you had previous upgraded?
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X