No announcement yet.

What are your hangovers like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Btw how much beer is poured into your glasses? Here the regular is 25cl, a large version is 33cl

I know in Germany a beer is usually half a litre, so it might be different in other countries..?
    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

In the US you usually get a pint though it is very popular to order 32 oz beers.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

In the UK and Ireland it's a pint or half-pint.

The UK is pretty strict on the measures - the glasses are often marked as a certified measure, and a pub serving "short" can be prosecuted.

Good for the consumer!

Comment

Half-pints? Why would anyone but a halfling wast time with a half-pint?

Comment

I certainly wouldn't waste time on a half pint - it disappears too quickly!

Out of interest, a US pint is 473 ml, a UK pint is 568 ml.

Bigger is better!

Comment

nah bigger ain't better, because if you go out with a few friends, and everybody is paying a round... well if you have too many friends along, things get: 1) expensive
              2)you get drunk really quickly

unless of course it's that watery English beer of only 3-4%

no really 568 ml? that's even more than the German pints... I didn't know that was the standard in GB!!!
              "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
              "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Yeah, it's a strange thing - a US pint is 16 fluid ounces, a UK/Irish pint is 20 fluid ounces - possibly in Australia an NZ as well?

It means the gallons are different also!

Comment

The British standardized the Imperial system in the 1790s and since the American revolution had just occured the U.S. changed the American definition of a pint just to piss off London. Now, it's 225 years later and we still have this stupid discapancy hanging around.

Comment

Oh well, we still get more, and it doesn't matter if it's pissy 3-4 percent stuff, or the wonderful Starapramen I was drinking today!

Comment

my hangovers are funny. i usually wake up with a raging hunger that can only be filled by a deli sandwich, and then later in the day i give it the hair of the dog treatment.
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Oh, sorry, to answer Trajanus, 568 ml is the standard measure in the UK. (i.e. an Imperial pint)

It seems a very reasonable size to enjoy a beer from!

Comment

Working...
                        X