Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never, never, never buy a Peugeot!

I am furious

My car has broken down yet again, this time the clutch assembly has completely failed, a job costing £200. Recently all my brakes have had to be replaced, another £300, failed it's MOT on emissions, problem with the exhaust, suspension mounting (and brakes). Persistent fault with the fuel system that has eluded the mechanical world. Mystery clunking, again, no one has a clue what it is. And this is from a 1997 car! I'd have had more reliability out of an old banger.

If Peugeot's are like this, don't touch them, that is my advice!

I am trying to get rid of it, but the bank is being ridiculous. Now I want to take out a loan to the same value as the previous one, and use some of that loan to pay off the remainder of the previous one and then trade in with the remaining money and buy a new car. Now the bank won't do that, even though my repayments would be exactly the same!, just for a longer term? Why are bankers such complete and utter bastards!

ARGHHHH!
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

I've had several peugeots, they all were great.
    Peugeot 205
    Peugeot 306 Cabrio
    Peugeot 306 Break
    Peugeot 306 Cabrio
    Peugeot 307
    Peugeot 307

I'm sorry for your bad experiences, but my history with peugeot is very good.

I'm currently very looking forward to the 307 Cabrio
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

if they were so great why did you buy 6 of them?
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

That clunk is well odd.
        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I'm currently driving a 206 Coupè Cabrio, never had a problem in two years of driving...
          Hey Prov are you doing rally with your peugeot?
          googol... this is a number!
          "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
          "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

Prov, get someone to lighten up your clutch. Dunno when I was driving it, but it seemed quite stiff.
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
              if they were so great why did you buy 6 of them?
              shortlease

Comment

That's why you have no problems
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Pherhaps

But I've driven 1 year in my OWN 205,
                  ok, I have to admit, after that it was not allowed to drive it anymore but that one was 13 years old, and I didn't got any mercy with it

I have driven the cabrio for more than 1 year and the first 307 for almost 2 years.

Now I have a very new grey 307 with course control. that's really a great tool.

I hate the french, but I love their cars

Comment

The only thing I remember about your Peugot was the dodgy central locking; I was sat around for a while wondering why I had to wait for you to get in first and open the passenger side door.
                    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

We've had a Peugeot for a year or so, and no problems whatsoever so far. So it must be you I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Hanson
                        The only thing I remember about your Peugot was the dodgy central locking; I was sat around for a while wondering why I had to wait for you to get in first and open the passenger side door.
                        I think that was because he had his car broken into while we were in my local for half an hour...

...probably by some people who were in my year at high school.
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Re: Never, never, never buy a Peugeot!

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                          If Peugeot's are like this, don't touch them, that is my advice!
                          Stop the French bashing!

Blah

Comment

I had a second hand Peugeot 309 which was more than 10 years and 180,000 km old and it was so good and so reliable that I bought a 306 Sedan when I started working part-time

I don't plan to buy a 307, but this is only because of the HORRIBLE looking it has. For me it's like an ugly 206. But of course it's only a matter of opinion. I'm sure that technically the 307 must be as good as the 306 is.

For me, the Peugeot cars (and the "Taxi" movies ) are the best things that come from France
                            "Never trust a man who puts your profit before his own profit." - Grand Nagus Zek, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, episode 11
                            "A communist is someone who has read Marx and Lenin. An anticommunist is someone who has understood Marx and Lenin." - Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Comment

Re: Never, never, never buy a Peugeot!

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                              Mystery clunking, again, no one has a clue what it is.
                              If it happens when the car abruptly accelerates, decelerates or corners, then unless they've changed the design, this could be loose bolts attaching the base of the engine compartment to the base of the passenger shell, a feature of the old 205.

Your car could be about to separate into two halves.

Comment

Working...
                              X