Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank God we don't have those here.
    "Relax, pay your income tax!" - The Fast Show
    "Once you discover white paint, you'll never wash your underwear again." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Are there any hardcore fans? or are they mostly like 'lets go to the game. it'll be fun!'
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

hm. if there are any hardcore fans, i don't know of them.

as for people who go to the game for fun, i don't know much of them either. in most cases, the people who watch are somehow connected to the event: s.o. is in it, for instance.

the other viewers, so far as i can tell, tend to people who just happened to be around when the game started.
        B♭3

Comment

oh boy. well maybe ill change that.
          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

well damn... i'm always in the back of the class with the varsity bball players... go figure
            Presumably talking during class, too, and making a lot of noise.

But that's OK - there's very little worth learning that comes out of public high schools anyway, so you're probably better off just making friends and doing the minimum to get good grades.

In college, it's a different story, and "hanging out in the back" talking to the athletes is sorta a jackass move.
            Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
            Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Oh yes, the famous jocks eh? Just kill 'em all
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

FC: I remember you boosting the Rainbows on the various NCAA football threads... had a change of heart?

Seriously, showing them up or embarassing them is the best way to keep 'em quiet. If you're worried about the beating, think about the amount of damages you'd get in the subsequent lawsuit
                "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

The solution is simple: colleges should just be allowed to hire athletes as employees, instead of going through the farce of pretending that they're students. Contracts to play would be binding for 4-years and non-renewable with the school or any other NCAA participant. The school still gets a team, the university still gets donations and residuals from merchandising, the athletes still get a springboard to a pro career, and Franky gets to take statistics. Problem solved.

Have you been following the Nebraska Legislature lately?

Our lovable crackpot Ernie Chambers has introduced a bill that would do exactly this.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man
                    FC: I remember you boosting the Rainbows on the various NCAA football threads... had a change of heart?
                    If they had beaten BYU, he would be okay with the noise they make in class.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

That isn't actually expected to pass, is it Drake?

'Cuz if it does, all your Big 12 over Big 10 arguments lose all credibility. You know that, right?
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Hey we hate you too you non-athletic fat f*cking nerds.
                        Mother ****ing goddamn ass chewing, **** sucking son of a *****

Comment

Originally posted by Venom
                          Hey we hate you too you non-athletic fat f*cking nerds.
                          They are simply jealous because we are intellectually superior to them
                          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I thought this was about people were were gifted athletes and intelligent ala Bernie Kosar. I repect them as professionals, but oooooh how I loathe them if they are around my age.

Personally, in my German class we had a lineman from the football team and he may have been more average in class, but he got decent grades and went to lots of tutoring sessions and I really respected the guy.

Most professors I have for lectures (not many now since this is my third year) either ignored any and all students - be it questions or general verbage, others are hard asses about it - "I need silence!" I've never really had any lectures with a lot of people talking.

This is at Purdue, where everyone and their brother complains about cell phone usage.
                            I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                            New faces...Strange places,
                            Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                            -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

That isn't actually expected to pass, is it Drake?

There's no way in hell it will pass. Chambers hasn't passed significant legislation since the 70's...
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Next time just stand up when they start talkin loud again and shout 'HEY YOU! Yes YOU, kaka for brains I'm talking to you. I pay perfectly good money for this, and you're wasting my money, so either you pay my tuition costs, or I'll seriously injure you'. Then look like a mad man, you know like your veins are going to pop out and eyes explode. They'll prolly laugh at you, or at least shut up and then later on laugh at you,so then when the class is over you really go and beat one of them into total submission. If you act crazy enough, his buddies won't even dare to help him, or at most they will only pull you out without challenging you. Be crazy, bite him and all that. He won't be making all that noise again. Or if he didn't learn.. repeat action above. Or you can always continue whining about them and how they won't shut up .

These guys owe you tuition costs, or better yet, your parents. You let them punk your parents around?
                                In da butt.
                                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                                X