No announcement yet.

I HATE student athletes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rofl. sorry,but my campus is too cheap to offer TLF's. But we can submit free opinion's. Lots of people read those.

At least I know I'm not the only student out there whose suffering from Student Athlete ***hole-itis.
    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
    *****Citizen of the Hive****
    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

At least I know I'm not the only student out there whose suffering from Student Athlete ***hole-itis.

I still can't believe that you've seen a student-athlete in class. I thought that was an urban myth...
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I've taught them, but I must say that most of the ones I've taught, while morons, were not rude.

The solution is simple: colleges should just be allowed to hire athletes as employees, instead of going through the farce of pretending that they're students. Contracts to play would be binding for 4-years and non-renewable with the school or any other NCAA participant. The school still gets a team, the university still gets donations and residuals from merchandising, the athletes still get a springboard to a pro career, and Franky gets to take statistics. Problem solved.
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Go up to the whole group after class and tell them to "SHUT THE **** UP!"

Um, just make sure you have enough friends to make that stick.
          Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
          Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Quite a few of my classmates are athletes, and they're probably the smartest ones. They're always the ones coming out with the clever stuff.
            "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

quit *****ing here and start *****ing to people who can actually do something about it, for starters.
              "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
              You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Try the ol' Zkribbler tactic of rebellion by overcomplaince:

"Excuse me, there was some talking in the back of the class, and so I couldn't quite hear that last point. Would you mind repeating it?"

"Excuse me, there was some talking in the back of the class, and so I couldn't quite hear that last point. Would you mind repeating it?"

After four or five tries, the professor should get the point.

Comment

well damn... i'm always in the back of the class with the varsity bball players... go figure
                  "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Which school?
                    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd
                      Go up to the whole group after class and tell them to "SHUT THE **** UP!"

Um, just make sure you have enough friends to make that stick.
                      Haha. I've actually done that once or twice. Not after, but DURING class
                      Sitting at my table, I just turn my head (interrupting both, the teacher and the students); "Hey! you there... SHUT THE **** UP!"
                      Usually it goes as a joke, but it still works, they're like "Ha ha... sure, you're OK" and the teacher doesn't mind since the class is silent

(usually I make the most noise, though but some mornings, like the one above, just aren't too energetic for that....)

The people in question weren't athletes - we have no athletes in our schools (well, some people do sports but aren't utterly stupid, stereotypic-athletes), we need brain to get into our schools, not muscle. That's why I kinda find all those American teenage-movies kinda unbelievable; people aged 18-20 ( ) behaving like 13-15... ha, they'd never be studying in high school here. Schools are mostly funded by the government you see
                      You make my life and times
                      A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

hm... at uchicago, i'm not sure if we have student athletes...

B♭3

Comment

i wanna go to uchicago ... and im a student athlete. can u tell me about the state of athletics there (mostly men's soccer) cuz im getting recruited maybe.
                          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

hm. well, we do have sports. it's just that nobody cares about them, really. so if you're looking to be feted for some sports accomplishment here, don't bother-- if i remember right our basketball team did rather well. as does our track team. i've never been to a game and neither have most people, and most of these successes are relegated to the back of the newspapers here.

we do have ample facilities, and we're constructing a brand new gymnasium (ratner) which should be finished by late 2003 or 2004.

usually, i've found, the emphasis is more on intramural (between dorm houses) sports than anything.

you do, on the other hand, get a world-class education. you won't get any slack just 'cause you're an athlete.
                            B♭3

Comment

So theres no school spirit?

Comment

oh, there's school spirit. just not as much as one would find at, say, stanford, or any of the other Big Ten/NCAA Div I schools.

Everybody here's rather proud to be a UChicago student~ it's just that people tend to view it in more academic terms than athletic terms.
                                B♭3

Comment

Working...
                                X