Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'd like to sincerely thank Apolyton for....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tandeetaylor
    That reminds me of a little joke-- Good thing I wasn't born in Japan because I don't speak a word of Japanese. Haaaa haaa. Funny, huh? But seriously, we should all start teaching our children Chinese, and then we won't have to worry about it.
    Nah....we'll just nuke the terrorists.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Too bad Apolyton hasn't improved Paiktis trolling skills...you'd think a little bit of Horse would rub off on him...
      If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Everyone will learn English eventually. All other languages will die out.

Ok Paiktis, stop kissing arse.
        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Boddington's
          I doubt it.
          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Boddington's
            More likely everyone will learn english in addition to their local language (except Brits and Americans for obvious reasons). Result - they can communicate with foreigners when necessary in english and insult them when desirable in the local language.

I have considered learning either Welsh or Esperanto to be able to do this myself.
            Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassadar5000

I doubt it.
              Speak for yourself..
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I'd say that I feel more confident now to write in English than before. But this is a barbaric language, as we all know.

Portuguese rules!
                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Re: I'd like to sincerely thank Apolyton for....

Originally posted by paiktis22
                  dramatically improving my written english.
                  Really, the syntax, the grammar, the vocanbulary are all better and richer now

Thanks to everyone and especially to those who use difficult words and phrases in english.

I feel confident that I can now understand far more in every text, including the curses!

I actually think that's a great idea: forum participation to ameliorate a foreign language!

I just felt like expressing my gratitude!
                  Congrats! You probably sound like some cracker from Iowa now.
                  Last edited by SlowwHand; February 19, 2003, 12:06.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by CerberusIV

More likely everyone will learn english in addition to their local language (except Brits and Americans for obvious reasons). Result - they can communicate with foreigners when necessary in english and insult them when desirable in the local language.

I have considered learning either Welsh or Esperanto to be able to do this myself.
                    I learned Latin to do that. Too bad I'll be going to a Catholic college.

Comment

Should we tell Paiktis its all from the Monty Python Phrasebook?
                      Wait till he tries touse it outside Poly.
                      Old posters never die.
                      They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

Comment

Originally posted by DuncanK
                        I'll tell you right now. Americans would be dead. Most of us, including me, can not even learn Spanish or French. Chinese is impossible.
                        Nah, a lot of gweilos have learnt how to speak Mandarin. It's not that hard. Adam Smith above me knows it. Probably mindseye too.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Re: I'd like to sincerely thank Apolyton for....

I actually think that's a great idea: forum participation to ameliorate a foreign language!
                          Ameliorate?? You got that word straight from the dictionary, didn´t you?
                          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Re: Re: I'd like to sincerely thank Apolyton for....

Originally posted by SlowwHand

Congrats! You probably sound like some cracker from Iowa now.

Kamrat, nope that was a loan from french

Comment

if you're learning grammar and syntax at poly...

Comment

Re: Re: Re: I'd like to sincerely thank Apolyton for....

Kamrat, nope that was a loan from french
                                Great, but just so you know, in English, we don't use the word in that way. It is used to denote an improvement in condition, not knowledge. You ameliorate suffering, you don't ameliorate language.
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X