No announcement yet.

Bush To Ignore Voice of the People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bush once again shows that nothing will come between his mad bloodlust for the lives of innocents, not even the voice of a people united against him.

I don't understand how someone can write something this absurd, read it, and then decide that it is something they should post. I mean, there's hyperbole and then there's raving lunacy. I'm worried about you, monkspider...
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

we're worried about you, Drake.
      "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
      You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Don't worry, we're just as worried about you, orange.

And we'll keep worrying in circles!
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm worried about you, Imran..
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

i'm worried about Iraq
            "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
            You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
              Bush once again shows that nothing will come between his mad bloodlust for the lives of innocents, not even the voice of a people united against him. Don't worry though my friends, God shall not let him get away with these crimes against humanity. If we do not hold him responsible, he will be held responsible one day and I would not like to be in his shoes when that time comes.

Ahhh monkspider source of eternal humor....
              "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

monkspider,

Actually, Bush is most likely a Christian. He's still immoral, though.
                Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Congressmen don't pay much attention to protest form letters unless you're talking about tens of thousands. Hand-written letters are worth far more. A few articulate, well-reasoned letters can have great impact. Also letters supporting the status quo are almost always far more rare than protests. It is just human nature.

100k protestors in San Francisco don't matter except to Feinstein. Left-coast granola-types do protest marches as a hobby, much as people in other parts of the country might do birdwatching or stamp collecting. Around the Bay old hippie burn-outs and young hippie wanna-bes treat protesting as a calling, like monasticism was to the medieval Church. 100k isn't even a blip.

In Chicago or Philly it would make a stir, unless it became obvious it was just a left-coast rent-a-mob. The only thing the hippies love better than a road trip to a protest would be a road trip to a "medical marijuana" clinic.

A protest of 1000 local people in the home district will draw more attention from the average Congressman. It takes a bit more to get average folks out on their feet.
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Oh, I see, it is immoral to oppose an evil, oppressive megalomaniac eager to invade peaceful neighbors and use chemical weapons on civilians...
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
                      Oh, I see, it is immoral to oppose an evil, oppressive megalomaniac eager to invade peaceful neighbors and use chemical weapons on civilians...
                      Assasination is such a useful thing to do.

Would you bomb New York to rubble to kill a few terrorists? I didn't think so.........

Would you do the same to Baghdad? Cause your about to.
                      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Would you bomb New York to rubble to kill a few terrorists? I didn't think so.........

Would you do the same to Baghdad? Cause your about to.

Why do people still believe that the US is going to carpet-bomb Baghdad? Are they being willfully ignorant to support their view, or are they just really dumb? Discuss...
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Re: Re: Bush To Ignore Voice of the People

Originally posted by Tassadar5000
                          Oh wow. A conservative ignoring the people.....THATS a first
                          oh wow, a lefty who's confusing the big mouths on the street with the majority of the people...... THATS a first :rolleyes

Thats just like saying that the voice of me is through my doctor or my lawyer or something stuipd like that.

No, the voice of me is through ME, and the voice of the people is through the PEOPLE. Not some beurocrat up in Washington.

and that's the end of democraty.

Not only that, US support is based upon incorrect propaganda.

In fact there's more anti-war propaganda than pro-war.
                          Overhere in The Netherlands we hardly hear any pro-war explanation.

But we are driven nuts by stop-the war folders and demonstrations and all that kinds of big-mouth polarisation.

Pherhaps that's different in the US, but overhere in Europe, it's not strange that the majority is against the war.

We're flooded with silly folders with demagogic texts like "The poor children in Iraque will suffer under the bombs of the united states" and all that stuff that was easily copied and paste from the afghanistan folders.

Floyd: The thing is, though, what Bush is saying is that he will ignore public opinion on the matter no matter what the polls say.

A silly 'the majority is against me but Im still right' way of argumentating.
                          If that's all you have against bush your case is getting weaker and weaker.

You first start with big-mouthing that Bush is ignoring the people. Later is appears that Bush is listening to the people, and you just simplisticly add that he wouldn't do it if the people were saying something else.

In fact you just say "Bush doesn't listen to me while he should"

to be honest, I'm happy that he doesn't listen to you, your arguments are empty. There are anti-war people that come with 1000 times better arguments than you. They are rare, but they do exist.

Floyd: Not at all. The will of the people should be irrelevant when it comes to morality.

You're really laughable.
                          First he should listen to the people, but not it appears that the people don't say what you want them to say, you suddenly claim that the voice of the people is irrelevant.

Floyd: Actually it's called murder and stealing.

What if you start to back your silly rhetoric up with some arguments?

Floyd: This doesn't mean that the majority can't be right, though, and if the majority opposed war, they would be right.

another good example of an "I am right, and others are only right if they agree with me" argument.

Did you already notice the sun circling around you David?

Urban Ranger: Isn't he silly or what? Aren't the weapons inpectors in there doing things?

What they are trying to do is inspecting,
                          but it has already been proven that the inspecting is being worked against by iraque.
                          that's been proven by Powel, and it's confirmed by Blix and Baradei.

It's cool though to see that you call Bush silly, and come with such a strange one-sided incomplete argument yourself.

Of course you can have the opinion that the iraque should have another another very very last change to work with the inspectors, but you can imagine that Bush starts to feel like doing that thing for the 12th time is something like 'doing nothing'

But again, you have a big fat plate in front of your head, thus you can't imagine that. You can only imagine your own opinion, and how important and well-argumentated it is.

oh well, I hope you are a lucky man, living that way.
                          Keep them coming, those arguments!

Actually I'd say 1 protestor is worth 10 citizens since it takes effort to get off your butt to protest.

that makes it 30% is against the war
                          do the math: 30% < 51%
                          conclusion: 30% is the minority.

(this is the point where you adjust the 1 = 10 people into 1 = 20 people, do it quickly and no-one might notice)

Monkspider: Bush once again shows that nothing will come between his mad bloodlust for the lives of innocents

You really lost sight of reality, didn't you?
                          It's not Bush who's after the blood of innocents, it's Sadam who is.

The question is if Bush is justified to fight against this criminal Sadam. You can think Bush is, and you can think Bush is not justified to do that. That's a good and legal point of view.

but it's rather pathatic to suddenly change the world upside down and name Bush the agressor.
                          I can't take people who say that seriously.

They fall in the same category as the "Nuke Iraque" people, but just on the other side of the fence.

Why can you anti-bush people not just talk about the issue itself? Is the world justified to invade Iraque to rid it from it's dictator?

Is that so hard?

DuncanK: Polular mandates would be crazy. A don't want uninformed idiots making those kind of decisions.

Imagine people like Floyd or Monkspider making the decisions....... they don't even recognize an evil expansionistic dictator if he stands on their toes.

They would probably have demonstrated in the streets of Amsterdam against the allies who so blatant invaded the fine country of Germany in 1945.

They're just leftish CivNations.
                          Bush is an evil and expansionistic dictator
                          Of course he's dumb, and all his advisors are dumb.
                          The majority of the voters is dumb and polls are bad.
                          The inly well-informed rational people are those who think like me.
                          The rest of them should shut up.

The poor people of Iraque are better of with the current pacifistic regime of Sadam.
                          Down with Bush! Burn the american flag!
                          Blair, Aznar and Berlusconi are pvssies who follow Bush blindfolded.

Chiraq and Schroder are wise man! They make their own decisions, and see, if people make their own decisions they are automaticly against war.

Except Bush, he's pro-war, if makes his own decisions, but again, he's dumb. And so are all his advisors, and all those people who voted for him, and all those people who say they agree with him in the polls.

The polls by the way only represent 1% of america.
                          The demonstrations represent the other 99%.
                          For every 1 person who demonstrates there are 10 who agree with him! Oh wait, I mean 20.

And those east-european countries who agree with Bush should just shut up. France uh Europe has one solid opinion (except the blindfolded) and those east-european countries should follow France!

did I forgot anything?
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

oh wow, a lefty who's confusing the big mouths on the street with the majority of the people...... THATS a first
                            Worldwide polls have been conducted: The world does not want a war.

and that's the end of democraty.

No, it simply means I have a mind and a voice. If we continue like this (Just write to your senator, dont protest!) will we soon let our senators do everything for us? Balance our buget? Run our LIVES?

Why do people still believe that the US is going to carpet-bomb Baghdad?
                            Maybe not, (Though the number of explosives being shipped does indicate a few things....) however they are going to obliterate the country. Right now, even their presence in Kuwait is hurting the Iraqi people.

Don't kill thousands: Just assasinate Saddam. Quite simple, really.

Comment

Cybershy is FUMING right now

Comment

Worldwide polls have been conducted: The world does not want a war.

conclusion: the polls are accepted if they agree with your point, and they're declined if they don't?

Most of the western-world agrees with a war if it's UN approved.

No, it simply means I have a mind and a voice. If we continue like this (Just write to your senator, dont protest!) will we soon let our senators do everything for us? Balance our buget? Run our LIVES?

No, just controlling the governament of the country in your name.
                                It's impossible to have 250+ million run the country.

Maybe not, (Though the number of explosives being shipped does indicate a few things....) however they are going to obliterate the country. Right now, even their presence in Kuwait is hurting the Iraqi people.

As if Sadam is good for the Iraqi people
                                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                                X