No announcement yet.

Lombardi: Planning the NCAA pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2-4-9, let's not get carried away and make the #1 vs #16 games worth too much, it's just free points anyways.

Comment

but free points for everyone, why should a 1st round 8/9 or 7/10 seeded game be worth so little? eh?

Comment

I think if people want the first two rounds to mean something more, we should do a bonus of some kind instead of simply upping the point score. After all, it's in picking the upsets in those rounds that the men are separated from the boys

I'm leaning towards leaving it at 2-4-9 and instituting some kind of bonus. I'll have to check, but I think the program will even let me limit it to the first two rounds if that's what everyone wants
        CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
        Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
        Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
        Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

if there is a bonus in the first ruonds, the last rounds should have a bonus also

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

what kind of bonus are you talking about?

Comment

screw the bonus.... if you are only doing 2 and 4 for the first 2 rounds, why the hell have bonus.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I think he meant a bonus for picking upsets in the first 2 rounds, but I may be wrong.

Comment

2-4-9 no extra bonus, I'm already in an upset pool, so let's not trick this one up too much please.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
                    I think he meant a bonus for picking upsets in the first 2 rounds, but I may be wrong.
                    That's exactly what I meant. I think that would strike the good balance that people are looking for.
                    CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                    Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                    Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                    Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

not for me. Count me out.
                      Either make it a straight pool or a complete upset pool, there is no in between. Geeze
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Stick with a traditional style pool... I hate these pools where you seem to be the only person who knows who wins
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

2-4-9, and NO Bonus, Reis!
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

People make all kinds of wierd picks in a n upset pool, and its hard as hell to keep track of both for the organizer and the participants.

Straight pool, no upset bonus.
                            Old posters never die.
                            They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

Comment

I hate these pools where you seem to be the only person who knows who wins

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

not for me. Count me out.
                                Uh oh, he took his ball and went home, game's over guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X