X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monolith94
    The world's FIRST 17" laptop.

Too bad its a mac
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

17" laptop? Jobs has lost his ****ing mind.

No news here...

The LCD display eats up about twice as much battery power as the CPU and GPU combined, by the way.

Go Apple!
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

bigots....

true artistry goes unappreciated on these boards...
        "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
        Drake Tungsten
        "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
        Albert Speer

Comment

bigots....

true artistry goes unappreciated on these boards...
          True artistry? The thing is as utilitarian and unartistic as you can get!

It's a silver *BOX*!

Are you so brainwashed by Apple to think everything they **** out is art?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

"The LCD display eats up about twice as much battery power as the CPU and GPU combined, by the way."
            Ah, but who cares as long as it still has a good battery length? Apple has always had very long-lasting laptops, and I haven't heard that the 17" is dramatically shorter.
            Plus, you obviously have no concept of 'modern' design. Utilitarian can be artistic. It is stylish in it's simplicity. it has smooth, subtle lines, which lead to an overall elegant looking machine.
            I have two roomates, one of whom has a dell, the other has a powerbook. The dell is one ugly mofo in comparison, let me tell you!
            Drake Tungsten
            Albert Speer

Comment

Plus, you obviously have no concept of 'modern' design. Utilitarian can be artistic. It is stylish in it's simplicity.

Let me have a shot!
              Attached Files

Comment

no - that's reminiscent of a toddler playing with ms paint. You used ms paint, didn't you!!!
                Drake Tungsten
                Albert Speer

Comment

While you people start a new war about Mac, my chunky box just arrived a few minutes ago. Yay! 15,2 kg, but the box is still very large. Now I just have to get it opened.

As for that Mac, I agree that the 17" display is quite crazy. How on Earth is the battery supposed to be used when travelling? Or do they expect that you have an extra battery with you?

/me goes off to open the box and start fiddling with the new toy.
                  "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

no - that's reminiscent of a toddler playing with ms paint. You used ms paint, didn't you!!!
                    You obviously don't get the ultra-pseudo-manifesto style reminiscent of the early 1930s that I was going for.

Typical bigotted Mac users, don't know anything about art.

Plus, you obviously have no concept of 'modern' design. Utilitarian can be artistic. It is stylish in it's simplicity.

Comment

The only thing promising about your little artwork there was the pixelazation of the exclamation point. And actually, I do know much about art. Enough to know that you are talking through your ass.
                      Quick quiz hot shot - name just TWO people, ONLY two who helped to found the dada movement?

Or maybe an easier one - what painter became prodigiously successful for his watercolors which most often depicted themes of man with nature, such as a sailor in a storm, on in a dory?

Who's Bosch? Zylka knows.
                      Drake Tungsten
                      Albert Speer

Comment

The apple website says that there 17" has 4.5 hours of life on it.
                        Drake Tungsten
                        Albert Speer

Comment

The only thing promising about your little artwork there was the pixelazation of the exclamation point.
                          That's not an exclamation point! It is a cross with a bowl of cabbage below it! You fool!

And actually, I do know much about art. Enough to know that you are talking through your ass.
                          Talking through the ass is art, as well.

Quick quiz hot shot - name just TWO people, ONLY two who helped to found the dada movement?
                          Don't patronize me.
                          The dada movement was clearly started by the yaya sisterhood.

Or maybe an easier one - what painter became prodigiously successful for his watercolors which most often depicted themes of man with nature, such as a sailor in a storm, on in a dory?
                          Me, in kindergarten.

Who's Bosch? Zylka knows.
                          Swedish chef.

Comment

Hmm... looks like all the ordered stuff was included. However the Extigy and Iomega boxes were larger than I expected.
                            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

"Me, in kindergarten."
                              So this was what... three years ago or so?
                              Drake Tungsten
                              Albert Speer

Comment

You give me too much credit.

I do find it funny in your attempt to assert your superiority you overlooked the glaring signs that I was f*cking with you from the start, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X