Whining about the opposite sex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon Miller
    am I the only one who doesn't make intelligence a deciding factor in my freindships (nor would I in my relationships?)

there are a lot of great people out there who don't have IQs of 160+

and they have a lot to offer

Jon Miller
    Jon, you don't need to have a high IQ to be intelligent. In fact IQ has nothing to do with intelligence IMO, but I am getting off topic.

Anyway, if a person cannot hold an interesting conversation with me, it'd be kind of hard to be his or her friend.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

someone being interesting has a lot ot do with the state of your own mind, than anything about them

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Jon,

Possibly, but the state of your mind is constantly affected by your sensory inputs, and your brain will doubtlessly finds it boring when something is being repeated many times over.
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

but you can effect the way you view reality also

take control of your own reality, don't let it be fostered onto you

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

You mean deceiving yourself? Com'on Jon, I thought you are above that.

Comment

I try to see what is interesting in every individual

and yes, I have preferences for games and like things

but I can always find something that makes them interesting, if I expand my mind enough

the times when I don't see someitihnig interestig, it is because I stayed too locked within myself

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                You mean deceiving yourself? Com'on Jon, I thought you are above that.
                no, I am refering to seeing them as repetitive

it is an outgrowth of narrowness

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

while I do have preferences for people

it is all about feelings and the like

not about finding that person interesting

(some men and women are just very attractive and I want to be arorund, this does not mean that these are the people I want to form relationships with, merely that they are very *attractive*)

Jon Miller
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Jon Miller has it right.
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                      no, I am refering to seeing them as repetitive

it is an outgrowth of narrowness

Jon Miller
                      I dunno. There are people who talk about the same thing (event, film, etc.) over and over and over and over and over again ad infinitum.

That justs bores me stiff

Comment

Working...
                      X