No announcement yet.

Proposal. Remove U.S. Military Members.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here, we're just talking warfighting capabilities.

Alright then. In terms of military capabilities, the Euros have nothing to worry about for the forseeable future. I still doubt that they have the political will to utilize their capabilities, but we're not discussing that...
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I agree about pulling forces out of Germany. what good are they? They aren't close to any theatre of significance. Just another cold war relic.

but I am seriously considering the values of isolationism. I just hate being hated by everyone. We try to do things right, and everyone hates us .

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
        but we're not discussing that...
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident
          but I am seriously considering the values of isolationism. I just hate being hated by everyone. We try to do things right, and everyone hates us .
          I sincerely hope the US doesn't go down that route again. Look what happened last time when Europe ran the world into the ground.
          Its fine if the US is around to clean up their mess once they've made it but the planet is just sooo much better off if you don't let them screw it up in the first place.

Comment

• So what are we now? Cheese eating surrender monkeys, or planet raping bloodthirsty imperialists?

I suppose only rightwing ideologues find no contradiction in the planet raping bloodthirsty surrender imperialist.
            “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

• The proper phraeology is "Planet raping bloodthirsty imperialist cheese eating surrender monkeys".
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Has this phrase been approved by the american Ministerium für Volksaufklärung und Propaganda?
                “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

• Well Hersho...etc, it's all very technical. At the moment you are cheese eating surrender monkeys, in the past frog eating, head removing, freedom loving, bloody conquest monkeys.

...assuming you are a Frenchie?

...only because you asked.

In the future, well, you are a euro. You'll take what you can get when you can get it. (When we're gone, you have an excuse, and some wacko can get you all going in the same direction, east.)

The Germans are the same except they need less of an excuse and their neighbors are often mere surrender monkeys. They just need to pick a time when there aren't enough Brits around to keep them getting into Paris.

All the excuse they need may turn out to be 'too many Turks in the Fatherland'. I hear this has them goose stepping already...

Let's not leave out the Russians, those friendly vodka swilling barbarians who were handed their first roadbump on the march west in a few thousand years by the US military, yours truly among em.

I blow my nose in your general direction and...

Hey, what's the 'Holy Grail' quote I'm looking for? Little help here?
                  Long time member @ Apolyton
                  Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• How many members are currently stationed overseas, making their presense felt?
                    In places such as Germany and Japan?
                    Remove them.
                    Um, Japan actually supports the US on this issue.
                    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancer
                      The Germans are the same except they need less of an excuse and their neighbors are often mere surrender monkeys. They just need to pick a time when there aren't enough Brits around to keep them getting into Paris.
                      Yea, the Iraq issue has shown, that we're the same bloodthirsty barbarians we always have been . Good thing the world has Mahatmah Bush to keep peace.

Comment

• Lancer, I wasn't talking about tourism.

Comment

• Sir Ralph, little tip, quit the whining, build some panzers and go get those poufy French. This time round, we'll give you air support.

(Just no U boaten, k?)
                          Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• Yea, the Iraq issue has shown, that we're the same bloodthirsty barbarians we always have been

We really broke you Germans, didn't we? All we wanted to do was calm down your more violent and genocidal impulses, but we went too far and ended up turning you into Euro-trash Quakers. Sorry...
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Ohhh. Now that was bad, Drake.

Can't people on both sides of the lake tone it down a tad?
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• "Euro-trash Quakers"

I like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X