No announcement yet.

Proposal. Remove U.S. Military Members.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This isn't Bush, DM. You sounding like Floyd now.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

World War I was during the era when European countries believed war was something that could be waged quickly and was a useful tool of diplmacy ( kinda like Bush now ), 1871 Franco-Prussian war was a good example of this. WWI proved this not to be the case anymore.

World War II was started by a madman bent on conquest, no logic can define his actions.

Europe has changed markedly since those days and I somehow doubt that Germany would instantly try to conquer other EU countries if the US pulled out. The US forces in Europe may have prevented a Soviet attack but then again the Soviets were always worried that the US would attack them first, so it's a tie

Can't see the US personnel leaving the UK with just under half of the 99 year leases of bases left to go. Would leave the US isolated indeed if they pulled out of all western Europe.

Comment

UK isn't wouldn't be under consideration.
        The UK is there beside us.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
          Who traditionally invades european countries? Who invaded South Korea in the past?

The US?

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
            Of course US comes in again and pacifies the situation.
            US *created* the situation by arming criminal Albanian warlords.
            Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Ya, I guess those mercenaries Slobo hired to exterminate the other side had nothing to do with the situation.

"Hey, not our fault those mercenaries got out of hand." How convenient. Free Slobo!

Of course, the default answer of blaming the US is usally the easiest one.
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Always.

Comment

The only mercenaries in Kosovo were retired US generals training the gangsters.

Very hard not to blame the US for this.
                  Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

sloww: if it's not bush, who is it? or is it him and other ppl? i'm just trying to understand......
                    "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

• Re: Proposal. Remove U.S. Military Members.

WTf? it went from page 1 to page 5...
                      :-p

Comment

• Dino:

But if the power structures that are now in place in Europe and Northeast Asia are benign, they are not sustainable for much longer. The most likely scenario in Europe is an eventual American exit coupled with the emergence of Germany as the dominant state. In effect, the region will probably move from its present bipolarity (with the United States and Russia as the poles) to unbalanced multipolarity, which will lead to more intense security competition among the European powers.
                        Is there some sort of competition in america's "academia" who can sprout the most nonsense? I'd say this is a nice one, but still miles from the "monetary union creates all out european war".

The intellectual level of most of those IR pieces is on par with creationism. At best.
                        “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

• Unemployment in Germany has recently exceeded 10%. Have the extremist parties gained any popularity by chance?
                          Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• Is that high for a Euro country? In 1993 or so our unemployment rate was running at 9-10%...
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Spain's was 23% the last time I checked (a few years ago). Apparently they've brought that down a bit recently, however...
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• There are about 50 million reasons supporting continued peace in Europe... Even without US troops

Can somebody tell me, what is the "School of America's"?
                                I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Working...
                                X