All time best (and worst) Simpsons episodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All time best (and worst) Simpsons episodes

This is the published list of the all time best and worst Simpsons episodes.

List w/ synopsis

I dont exactly agree with this list, especially for the first few, but its not too bad.

My personal favorite is the one where Homer moves the family out to his new job (at Cedar Creek, i htink its called) where hes a supervisor working for Hank Scorpio... ... classic...

I dont think i know of a worst episode...
    "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
    - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
    Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Best ever: So many options! However, I'd have to say Homer's Phobia, just for the gay steel mill scene.

Worst ever: Oh, come oooon. There are no other options than the jockey elves episode. Well, actually there are other options, since most of the stuff since season 11 has been crap.
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

The best has either got to be Homer's Phobia or You Only Move Twice, both of which are hilarious on so many levels.

The worst one, in my opinion, is the one where Homer goes on his safety campaign throughout Springfield (I forget it's name, but it's from the first series).
      "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

My favourie episode is the one where homer has the revelation from god to not go to church anymore. I didn't like the end it was tacky but still the best episode.

Comment

i personally like the ones whenever comic book guy is involved.
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

The one where they go to NYC is priceless.

"Mmmmm, Flushing Meadows..."
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Unfortunately the Simpsons ascension to shyt started with the X-files episode
              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                Unfortunately the Simpsons ascension to shyt started with the X-files episode
                I did like the part with the exploding lie detector.

Comment

the sarcasm detector! Oh im sure that thing really works!
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Simpsons Bible Stories! When Milhouse's Moses commands his people to flush the toilets in unison to part the Red Sea! Also, at the end of the episode with the Apocolypse occuring and the ground opens up leading the Simpsons to Hades, Lisa starts floating towards Heaven. Homer reaches up and grabs Lisa, "And where do you think your going?"

Also, for those wishing to reminisce, here's a site listing all the episodes, with a synopsis for each:

D

Comment

Best: Pinchy The Lobster

Worst: Probably a Halloween episode
                      For your photo needs:
                      http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

I really like the entirely plotless structure of "The Trouble with Trillions". Very Avant-Garde. Or possibly not.
                        Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                        Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Worst Episode EVER
                          "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                          You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I just thought of a quote from the The Simpsons that I like...from Grandpa

"I'm old! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!"

Comment

yes leaving out "You Only Move Twice" is quite a travesty indeed, far better than some of those "best" episodes.

Saying that, most Simpsons' eps are quite quite dull for me - Sky shows 2 eps every night and even the Simpsons gets boring the 12th time I see it and I can say the lines before the characters do. New ones obviously still get a chuckle if they're good, though the quality is slipping

Recently, I prefer Futurama, sadly Fox cancelled it. Bloody morons.

Comment

Working...
                              X