Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National Emergency! Duct Tape Stocks Low!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lincoln, welcome back.

Duct tape is for sealing air leaks in metal air ducting. Don't know when it was first used...
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Hi Azazel.

I guess it could have even been the French and Indian war for all I know...

Comment

Hi Lancer.

Thanks, I'm just stopping by. My eyes can't take too much computer time anymore. I may have to do some actual work for a living now.

Comment

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Using duct tape to fight terrorism?

When did Red Green take over as Sec. of Homeland Security? I'm sure every at Possum Lodge is soooooo proud.
            God---He's my favorite fictional charater.----Homer Simpson

Comment

I always have duct tape. What man would be caught dead without duct tape?

I do not have plastic, and I don't give a ****.

Comment

Here's a good use for duct tape. Princess Madelaine of Sweden has no bra but look very pushed up indeed. I think duct tape did the job. (Picture taken at last Nobel Price party).
                Attached Files
                So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Every self respecting man has duct tape. Duct tape fixes just about everything, electronics, cars, women, the washer, breasts, household pets.

And no, I'm not going to seal my house in case of a terroists attack.
                  When one is someone, why should one want to be something?
                  ~Gustave Flaubert

Comment

duck tape dammit... not duct...
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I can only hope this fad spreads over to Europe, so I can start investing in ICI.
                      "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                        duck tape dammit... not duct...
                        By George, Sava's right! On Fox News, I saw a shop owner carrying a carton marked "Duck Tape." What kind of sick b@st@ard tapes up his duck??

Comment

Sick freaks who don't want it to explode while they are ****ing it! America bashers and their ilk!

*I'm not profane, I type the stars.
                          **Yuck, what a thought.
                          Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Every post in this thread has been hilarious

However:

1) Duct tape was first used as Duck Tape in WW2 to cover all the ammo cases. (Duck/t Tape is waterproof and they had a problem with ammo getting soaked.)
                            2) Duck Tape is now a copyright of "Manco Inc. - A Henkel Group Company" as it says on the inside of a roll of Duck Tape. (Duck Tape is by far the best-selling duct tape and probably the best quality--I find it much easier to tear but still just as strong as other duct tape brands.)
                            3) After WW2 duct/k tape was virtually forgotten until it was rediscovered for its use on heating ducts. (It withstands temperatures up to 200F/93C, and that's just Professional Duck Tape! [There is also Industrial Strength Duck Tape I think])
                            4) http://www.ducttapeguys.com

BTW, I always have kept up a steady supply of duct tape, long before any stuff about bio/chem/nuke/teletubby attacks. Right now I've a roll on my desk and a roll in the car (I carry the desk roll everywhere.) Duct tape fixes everything and as such is the Ultimate Power Tool.

As for hoarding duct tape--Spread the love, share the duct tape, man.
                            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Working...
                            X