No announcement yet.

Illegal to boo the marseillaise????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can tell the difference between booing the song and booing the crappy Frog band playing it?
    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
      Of course!!! Our intention is to attempt to apply them to everyone.
      Like women in Saudi Arabia?
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Europeans and Americans put people in prison for different reasons: If an American broadcaster put in primetime network TV what goes on European network TV, they would be arrested for indecensy and a host of other "think of the children" laws the US has.

The US constituion does give citizens of the US a much stronger protection of their rights than the European constitutions, but it seems that overall, the Adams' federalist view that democracy is enough by itself to guarantee most rights works just fine in europe.

As for European 'propaganda': The number of people who might be affected by this law (assuming that it is enforces with any sort of stringency) is far less than the thousands of people (mainly immigrants) forced to go through various screenings and other measures by the INS and FBI, so there is a difference in kind that is dishonest to ignore.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
        X