Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooooh Zippy!
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Quick, run before Rod, Jane and Freddy get here!
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
        oh and there's a joint live album with the Melvins but I can't remember what it's called.
        It's called Millenium Monsterwork. Pretty good if you like either group.
        "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

I used to be a Melvins fan. I haven't heard Mr. Bungle in about 10 years though.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I am also a Mr. Bungle fan. hoi-yah!
            "It woulda been nice to have naked midgets serving us cocktails everyday." - Brandon Boyd of Incubus

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer

Comment

Originally posted by MosesPresley
              If you like Mr. Bungle, you might want to check out John Zorn. Bungle was heavily influenced by him.
              I am somewhat familiar with Zorn. He seems to have influenced quite a number of people.

When did you add the Central Scrutinizer to your profile? That's one of my favorite Zappa albums / series.

Sikander

Way more fun than Mary. And cleaner than Lucille.
              He's got the Midas touch.
              But he touched it too much!
              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

In a similar vein, are any of you Negativland fans? They also do some pretty experimental music.
                "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander

I am somewhat familiar with Zorn. He seems to have influenced quite a number of people.

When did you add the Central Scrutinizer to your profile? That's one of my favorite Zappa albums / series.

Sikander

Way more fun than Mary. And cleaner than Lucille.
                  I added the Central Scrutinizer not too long ago. Thanks for noticing. That is one of favorite pieces by him, very funny with Frank's usual excellent musicianship.

All government sponsored recreational services are clean and efficient.

You'll love it! It's a way of life.

If you are interested in Zorn. I recommend Xu Feng: John Zorn's Game Pieces or Naked City. These two CDs are wildly different from each other. Zorn is so prolific, I am still not familiar with all of his different styles.

His music is very challenging.
                  "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                  —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Working...
                  X