Mr. Bungle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Bungle

Are there any other Mr. Bungle fans out there? I really like them, they are like taking a bullet train tour of musical styles. On acid.
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Is that the same Bungle from rainbow
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger
      Is that the same Bungle from rainbow
      No, I don't think so. There is no Mr. Bungle AFAIK, it's the name of the group. The lead singer is the guy from Faith No More, Mike Patton.

Comment

I'm being a liitlel unfair.

Bungle was a character in a UK kids show in the 70's and early 80's.

He was a man in a cotume and looked like chewbacca after a bif haircut.

Oh and he was very camp
        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Comment

I like them, have you heard any Fantomas? I think you might like them.
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger
            I'm being a liitlel unfair.

Bungle was a character in a UK kids show in the 70's and early 80's.

He was a man in a cotume and looked like chewbacca after a bif haircut.

Oh and he was very camp
            Perhaps there is a link between the two then. They seem to enjoy evil clown type art on their album covers, was this Bungle an evil clown?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
              I like them, have you heard any Fantomas? I think you might like them.
              Is that the band which is more or less the same people? I heard one of their albums that a friend lent me, but I was so engrossed by the bizarre stuff on the album liner that I'm not sure I remember the music, other than a vague feeling that it was pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander

Perhaps there is a link between the two then. They seem to enjoy evil clown type art on their album covers, was this Bungle an evil clown?
                No he was more a life size teddy bear. His colleague Zippy was undoubtedly evil though

Comment

Mr Bungle

Trevor Dunn: Bass
                  Heifetz: Drums
                  Jennifer: Vocals (Background)
                  Theobald Brooks Lengyel: Saxophone
                  Mike Patton: Vocals
                  David Shea: Turntables
                  Lisa Wells

Fantomas

Trevor Dunn (Mr. Bungle) bass
                  Buzz Osbourne (Melvins) guitar
                  Dave Lombardo (Grip, Inc. and formerly Slayer) drums Mike Patton vocals

They've got a great album of really extreme covers of horror and other film soundtracks which is brilliant.
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                    Mr Bungle

Trevor Dunn: Bass
                    Heifetz: Drums
                    Jennifer: Vocals (Background)
                    Theobald Brooks Lengyel: Saxophone
                    Mike Patton: Vocals
                    David Shea: Turntables
                    Lisa Wells

Fantomas

Trevor Dunn (Mr. Bungle) bass
                    Buzz Osbourne (Melvins) guitar
                    Dave Lombardo (Grip, Inc. and formerly Slayer) drums Mike Patton vocals

They've got a great album of really extreme covers of horror and other film soundtracks which is brilliant.
                    Do you remember the names of your favorite albums by them? I'll keep them in mind when I go to the music store.

Comment

The Director's Cut is the soundtrack one, I'd recommend that if you like Mr Bungle.

The only other one is called Fantomas, oh and there's a joint live album with the Melvins but I can't remember what it's called.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

Thanks. I'm pretty sure that Fantamos was the one I heard before. I'll keep an eye open for "Director's Cut".

Comment

Of course I like Mr. Bungle
                          I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

If you like Mr. Bungle, you might want to check out John Zorn. Bungle was heavily influenced by him.
                            "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                            —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Ooooooh George you are naughty!

Comment

Working...
                              X