Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Must one be crazy to go to London in February?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must one be crazy to go to London in February?

I've just learned that round-trip air fares from Los Angeles to London have fallen below $200!

The catch is, you have to go there in February. This naturally leads to the question--is its insane to vacation in London in February?

Not really. The weather here isn't that bad at the moment and most of the touristy things you can see in any weather.

You aren't guaranteed sun if you come in August.

Although if you are from California you might find it intolerably cold and wet.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

You might get run over by a tank at heathrow...
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

If you hurry, you can make the anti-war protest.

Cheap airtravel has been common in Europe for the past few years. It takes a bit of planning but if you do it right, you can fly virtually anywhere for less than the cost of the taxi ride to the airport. My family was recently looking at plane prices for a trip abroad. £20 (US$35) from London to Rome. You pay for it in lack of inflight service, food, movies, and creature comforts but damn it's cheap.
        Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
        -Richard Dawkins

Comment

So who will put me up for a few nights if I come to London for a long weekend at the end of the month? Anyone? Anyone?
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

starchild, who needs the creature comforts when youre pissed drunk?
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I would Boris, except that I'm not in London, am busy that weekend, and you'd have to sleep under my desk.
              Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
              -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
                I would Boris, except that I'm not in London, am busy that weekend, and you'd have to sleep under my desk.
                I've been to London so can see different things, I know you would change plans for me, and I'm sure sleeping arrangements could be negotiable.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I sleep in boxers and a tshirt. You sleep in leather chaps with a collar round your neck. You don't technically sleep in the bed but in a small nest of blankets on the floor by my feet. No snoring, no waking up before me yet I expect a cup of hot tea when I wake up.

okaies?
                  -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Sounds rather like a typical weekend morning.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

From a trip to London to Boris wearing a leather collar...well, it didn't take long to pull off that thread jacking, did it?

Comment

I'm going to London in March. What should I see that most people don't think of?

Comment

Most people don't think of seeing the sun in London at that time.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                              Most people don't think of seeing the sun in London at that time.
                              I'm one of those people who controls the weather. If I pack an umbrella, coat, and heavy clothes, it will generate a heatwave that will make everyone believe in global warming. If I take t-shirts there will be a foot of snow. So I guess just decide what kind of weather you want and let me know, and I'll be sure to pack the opposite.

Comment

Working...
                              X