No announcement yet.

NFL: 49ers hire Erickson!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 49'ers just wanted to go cheap... It looks like they are saving 50% of what mooch wanted and got from Detroit. The "experts" on ESPN are trashing them for the choice... and they all say that Erickson has proven to be a joke as a NFL Coach... we shall see.

It will be interesting to see what Garcia says after this selection. He has called the entire process a joke...
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The 'experts' are also saying $5 million a year for Mooch is WAAAAY too much. The Niners made the right choice by not paying him that much.

We will see, but I think Erickson will be a good coach for the Niners, especially since he has some tools to work with now.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

hope he does better than the redskins coach

Comment

Hmmmm....this has been weird. I'm a Lions fan, but I also root for the Beavers, who have lost a good coach. A local article said Erickson would have left soon anyhow, and we're better off not losing him to a Pac 10 school. But they worshipped that guy--remember the Beavers were on a 28 yr. losing streak!
          I don't know if he has what it takes in the NFL, but I do not generally believe that the majority of coaches (aside from Gruden maybe) have the ability to single-handedly will a team to victory. He'll be adequate.
          I just hope Mariucci can break the Lions out of their doldrums. If he can orchestrate some good WR's, a better RB and tutor Harrington into a star (and he has the potential, folks) then I say SF's loss is my gain, paid for by the Beavers!
          Go Ducks!
          Life and death is a grave matter;
          all things pass quickly away.
          Each of you must be completely alert;
          never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

I never thought Mariuchi was a good coach, and Ericson's tenure at Seattle proves nothing, Holmgren is there and doing little even though he is a very good coach. BRING BACK BILL WALSH!

Comment

I love E's press conference. "I want to win a National Championship"

Maybe somebody should tell him that he isn't coaching college football anymore
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Lol, took me a sec to see his blunder there, but he did a good job at Miami and Oregon St, so I'm happy with the change.

Comment

Hmm... apparently some news reports are coming out that Erickson was contacted THREE weeks ago. Some rumblings from SF newspapers say the hiring process was just a show to demonstrate to the NFL that the Niners respected minorities.

Hmmm...
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Mooch hadn't shown he couldn't hack the NFL... I think the 49'ers are in serious trouble.
                    I agree. On any other team, he might be a good fit. But on the 9ers, where there is huge pressure to excel year in and year out, why pick someone who floundered on his first opportunity?

Then again, Im sure the lions will grind Mariucci into meat paste, just like every other coach they've had- no Lion's coach has gone on to coach another team.........EVER.
                    "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by DetroitDave
                      no Lion's coach has gone on to coach another team.........EVER.
                      Really

I didn't know that... but then again, it doesn't surprise me

Bears ex-coaches always end up somewhere else, and fail
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by DetroitDave
                        I agree. On any other team, he might be a good fit. But on the 9ers, where there is huge pressure to excel year in and year out, why pick someone who floundered on his first opportunity?

Then again, Im sure the lions will grind Mariucci into meat paste, just like every other coach they've had- no Lion's coach has gone on to coach another team.........EVER.
                        That's true only if you don't count George Wilson or Buddy Parker or Bo McMillan or Hall of Famer Dutch Clark.

Comment

well ok, If you're going to count old fussyfarts from the prehistoric era, you have a point. In my lifetime at least, every coach they've had has been pulverized into oblivion. I hope Mooch will be an exception.
                          "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Google is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                            X