NFL: 49ers hire Erickson!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL: 49ers hire Erickson!

The San Francisco 49ers' drawn-out search ended Wednesday with the hiring of Dennis Erickson.

They went college! After people were *****ing and moaning, they got a high profile collegiate coach and look like they are in good shape. Oh, and to say he isn't a good pro coach because he didn't suceed in Seattle, is silly, because we are talking about SEATTLE here!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

SVEN???

Be the bid!

Comment

That sucks...

I wanna see how his whiny butt is going to deal with T.O.

They should have hired Cottrell.
      Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander Fox
        That sucks...

I wanna see how his whiny butt is going to deal with T.O.

They should have hired Cottrell.
        Remember, he had to deall with criminals and bad eggs at Miami.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

We shall see about this one... While you may think he is a good choice, and don't blame him for his bland record in Seattle... I think he is terrible choice. He did a miserable job in Seattle... So it looks like SF has made two awful choices now... First, they got rid of a good coach, and now they have replaced him with a NFL failure...
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

They shoulda hired Jim Mora Jr.
            "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

The Niners could completely fall apart next year.
              "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
              "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
              "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

thank god I work in Oakland
                Be the bid!

Comment

Did the Niners interview any black coaches? They better have...

Last edited by Drake Tungsten; February 11, 2003, 22:25.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Yeah, several.....

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                      We shall see about this one... While you may think he is a good choice, and don't blame him for his bland record in Seattle... I think he is terrible choice. He did a miserable job in Seattle... So it looks like SF has made two awful choices now... First, they got rid of a good coach, and now they have replaced him with a NFL failure...
                      Eddie brother-in-law. Eddie understood football, this clown don't know sh!t about football. Looks like a new coach each year for a while.

Comment

I think he is terrible choice. He did a miserable job in Seattle... So it looks like SF has made two awful choices now... First, they got rid of a good coach, and now they have replaced him with a NFL failure...

Mooch had losing record in college (his only head coaching experience) before the 9ers hired him. They were screaming bloody murder back then as well. The 9ers will survive and thrive.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Mooch hadn't shown he couldn't hack the NFL... I think the 49'ers are in serious trouble.
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Because Mike Holgrem and Tom Flores, Superbowl winning coaches that were after and before Erickson in Seattle really had great sucess in Seattle .

The Niners are fine. They'll win the division again.

Comment

Back to second place for you, niners.

hey, at least you have seattle and arizona to get four wins.

Comment

Working...
                              X