No announcement yet.

Aussie fat boy OD's on diet pills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And if the diuretic reduced swelling or whatever on his bowling shoulder, wouldn't that make it performance enhancing?
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

And taking paracetemol before a match to relieve a headache before a game is performance enhancing too

Comment

He didn't take paracetamol *shakes head*

Diuretics can be a masking agents - how did his shoulder heal so well and so fast? Why did he look in such good shape when he came back? Presumably he couldn't train much with a dislocated shoulder....
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
          And if the diuretic reduced swelling or whatever on his bowling shoulder, wouldn't that make it performance enhancing?
          No idea. I guess there's a line somewhere. Obviously it would help his performance but if we regard everything that assists in any way whatsoever then we might have to start by eliminating the drinks breaks too.

Imagine if lunch were removed. The commentators would stage an armed revolt.

[Edit: Actually, now that I think of it, there are varieties of aspirin or "aspirin-like" tablets that've been banned too. ]
          Last edited by ravagon; February 13, 2003, 02:00.

Comment

It would be a tragedy if Warne was banned but I fear the "I was naive and stupid" line is starting to wear a little thin. They've trotted that one out every time an Australian player has been caught out.

Its not looking good in my opinion. The "mum" defence looks about as lame as the streaker defence.

Comment

I know the rules seem to be tough, but otherwise we'll see hundreds of athletes claiming to be sick and taking any kind of drug, from aspirine to diazepam
              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Next thing he'll be caught with a bookmaker and claim he was putting something on for his mum..........

Comment

They are taking it anyway. It's just a matter of timing. The only have to worry about how long it takes before they're clean. Sometimes a week sometimes 2 weeks. Those who get caught are either too stupid or too reckless.

I see it like this: Its like that guy on the motorbike that jumps over 30 or so cars. He is risking a lot and might get killed. But if he makes it we all cheer and he gets the money. The same should be with athletes. You want to take drugs to be No.1? Go ahead, but you have to know you might get a heart attack at the age of 29. It's not like we're opening pandoras box. It is already happening, they are only trying to keep it secret.

..then again I would also legalize heroin...

Comment

Its laughable that Warne should be banned for taking drugs, when 90% of sprinters are taking drugs in a direct attempt to enhance their performance rather than lose a bit of weight following an injury.

How much can a spinner enhance his performance anyway?
                    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

He had injured shoulder and a weight problem. If the drug aided with either of those he could be in trouble.

Comment

I understand that, but I just think there is performance enhancing and there is performance enhancing. It is not in the same league as people who take drugs to directly make them hit furtehr than normal, or run fater than normal.
                        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Comment

Well if it helped his bowling action, and the injured arm was his bowling arm, then you could argue it was performance enhancing. That's where the legal argument will be.

Comment

Surley though taking drugs prescribed by a doctor such as steroids following an injurt are therfore performance enhancing.

I am not condoning drug use in sport I just think the authorities are catching out stupid and naive people rather than the real cheats

Comment

Working...
                            X