Aussie fat boy OD's on diet pills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie fat boy OD's on diet pills

The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

AS much as I laughed, its a shame he won't be playing.

I also fail to see how a diauretic is perfomence enhancing
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Re: Aussie fat boy OD's on diet pills

Originally posted by TheStinger
    The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

i cannot imagine why cricket needs drugs. they just throw that stupid ball and can train for it while lifting heavy pints

Comment

Re: Aussie fat boy OD's on diet pills

Originally posted by TheStinger

He was taking it to lose weight. A fat and wobbly Shane Warne would be a worse player than a thin and agile Shane Warne (not that he's EVER been thin and agile ) ... therefore it is enhancing his performance.

I think it is a bit harsh on the guy, personally, but either a drug is banned by the ICC or it isn't ... end of story.
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

The problem is the list of banned drugs is laughable.

It should only include things like Muscle building drugs, and proper stamina enhacing drugs( Coocaine for instance should not be banned in sport, it is not for sports authorities to ban recreational drugs)

being banned for Cannabis(which I thought it must be when i 1st read the report) is even more stupid
        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
        Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

The reason they're banned for cricket is "they can also serve as masking agents for performance-enhancing drugs."
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

edit: disregard. I guess I should actually read the link first
            Last edited by Dis; February 12, 2003, 20:38.

Comment

Diuretics are used by athletes to clean up their bodies after taking drugs/performance enhancers, that's why they're forbidden- some US companies like Walmart have urine tests of their employees, so getting a diuretic is the best way to pass the test and getting baked at job
              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

He says his mum gave him the pill.
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

That happens to me all the time
                  We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                  If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                  Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

If your Mum gave you some medicine, you'd take it.

How many times have you visited your Mum and she's handed you a diuretic when you are leaving......

Seems like an ironclad defence to me
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

I'm just waiting for some idiot to say "If it was someone from another country's team, imagine the outcry!"

From what i've heard so far, Aussies want Warnie tarred and feathered, hanged, banned from baked beans, and all of the above

Personally, i think Warnie's gone. Pleading innocence is totally unconvincing coming from him. See, even i'm bagging him!

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                        Diuretics are used by athletes to clean up their bodies after taking drugs/performance enhancers, that's why they're forbidden- some US companies like Walmart have urine tests of their employees, so getting a diuretic is the best way to pass the test and getting baked at job
                        They're also used sometimes by boxers and wrestlers who want to loose weight to get into a lower weight category, like from heavyweight to middleweight.
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Re: Re: Aussie fat boy OD's on diet pills

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet

He was taking it to lose weight. A fat and wobbly Shane Warne would be a worse player than a thin and agile Shane Warne (not that he's EVER been thin and agile ) ... therefore it is enhancing his performance.
                          The pill he took wasn't in itself regarded as a performance-enhancing drug per se, but is, rather, banned as it can constitute masking agent for other drugs.

Seems like an ironclad defence to me
                          Ugh. Much as I really really really hate to jump to his defense, in his case that is probably what happened, and, although imbecilic, it fits in rather well with his other antics.
                          Like as not the ACB will clear him after eliminating the masker and running him through every test in the book. Of course, even then he'd probably still have to run through the same procedures for the ICC - in all probability lasting beyond the end of the world cup anyway.

Comment

Oh come on - you seriously buy that "Mum gave me a diuretic" story?

Comment

From somebody with half a brain? No.
                              From somebody with Shane Warnes brain? Quite possibly.

Comment

Working...
                              X