No announcement yet.

Mayo or Mustard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the french fry condiment of choice for Canadians and Brits is vinegar.

I believe you will find mayo used in that way in France and Germany.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Mayo=90-95%fat=good
      Mustard(stoneground, the only way to go)=spicy=good

Arteries? Go to hell.
      Talent Optional

Comment

I believe my post in the bread thread sums it all up nicely:

Originally posted by ixnay
        maho is good if you'v goet a sandwich

Comment

French still mostly use ketchup with their fries, but mayo is progressing. Belgians use a wide range of condiments with their fries, including mayo, mustard and vinegar, but many more as well.

As for me : mayo with my boiled eggs, mustard with my meat. So I won't vote in this obviously flawed poll
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

The #1 users of Mayo with fast food in europe are the Dutch, afaik.

And no, although I have seen Pulp Fiction five times, I have actually witnessed this myself. Honest.
            Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
            Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Mayo with fries. Good gawd man! That's an abomination of the highest order!

Mustard, and horse radish instead of mayo.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'm a dijon man myself.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Mayo is what Boris gets on a good night! Mustard comes when his boyfriend has been drinking vinegar all day!

Comment

thanks Zylka.

now what do you want me to put in by borscht?

urgh.NSFW

Comment

both

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                        Mayo with fries. Good gawd man! That's an abomination of the highest order!
                        I thought so first time I tried 10 years ago or so. Now, I think mayo is almost as adapted with fries as ketchup. You should try some time
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I did try mayo on fries once. It was ok and I liked how they mixed in lemon juice with the mayo but mayo is just so fatty. Yuck, you might as well be eating lard.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

yuk. lard.

yuk yuk yuk. Mayo is not like lard.

( I never tasted lard. )
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Birdseed
                              I can't imagine anything Mayo would be useful for. Can't be used with meat or bread, useless in sauces, bland and boring in taste. Go mustard!
                              Try a plain "rugbrød" (don't know what that is in english) with slices of ham, a little mayo and a few slices of cucumber.... taste wonderfull.

And Mayo and shrips. Good. With tomato and pepper.

And - God forbid that - as some germans and my wife do: Pommes Frites with mayo Of course that should be with remoulade (if you know what that is ).
                              First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Birdseed
                                I can't imagine anything Mayo would be useful for. Can't be used with meat or bread, useless in sauces, bland and boring in taste. Go mustard!
                                Try a plain "rugbrød" (don't know what that is in english) with slices of ham, a little mayo and a few slices of cucumber.... taste wonderfull.

And Mayo and shrips. Good. With tomato and pepper.

And - God forbid that - as some germans and my wife do: Pommes Frites with mayo Of course that should be with remoulade (if you know what that is ).

But my vote goes for mustard!!!!!!!
                                First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                                X