Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do so many conservative whackos have their own radio talk show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do so many conservative whackos have their own radio talk show?

and more importantly why don't I have a radio talk show? I'm a libertarian whacko. We need more of those type of talk shows. I wonder what it would take to create talk show. I suppose it would take listeners, which wouldn't be easy.

I want my own talkshow.

It would be so interesting!
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

"And todays topic: Why Microsoft is so great!"

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Diss, it's a strategy the media employs to counter the constant bleating of the right wing about the liberal bias of the media.

God only knows how liberally biased CNN is. They openly cheer for war and mock the anti-war Euro countries while their viewing audience is far less convinced...
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
          "And todays topic: Why Microsoft is so great!"

It would be more along the lines of "Why Linux sucks" and "Why Mac sucks", leaving the conclusion of "Why Microsoft is so great" to process of elimination.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

And whenever ratings would suffer I'd jump into an interesting discussion on quaternions, vectors, matrices, and vertex shaders.

Comment

because of liberal media bias...
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Quaternions?

Good stuff. What do you use them for? I imagine they could represent rotations fairly easily...
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
                    Quaternions?

Good stuff. What do you use them for? I imagine they could represent rotations fairly easily...
                    Yeah, mostly in 3D rotations. They are better than 3x3 rotation matricies 'cause they require much less storage (4 floating points vs 9) and some other reasons.

Comment

Of course. For 2d rotation you would represent with 2X2 rotation matrix

Ummm...for 3X3 matrix wouldn't you only require 6 points? The rest are mandated by requirement that it actually represent a rotation...
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
                        Of course. For 2d rotation you would represent with 2X2 rotation matrix

Ummm...for 3X3 matrix wouldn't you only require 6 points? The rest are mandated by requirement that it actually represent a rotation...
                        The computer still requires all 9 data values of the 3x3 matrix to be filled with some number, whether they're used or not.

Comment

We always worked with quaternions as a simple example of a non-commutative group that at least has a bit of interior structure...
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

This is perhaps the most offtopic I've ever been in a thread.

I'll pop up a new thread.

Comment

Because stations cater to their audience, and it happens that a lot of active conservaties listen to the radio, moreso than liberals. IIRC, even a lot of liberals listen to convservative radio. I think it's a phenonmena of not having engaging liberal hosts. Would anyone call Mario Cuomo or Jim Hightower engaging hosts.....anyone? I didn't think so.
                              If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Working...
                              X