Blacks More Anti-miscegenationist Than Whites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rex Little
    What I've often wondered is, why has there always been so many more black man/white woman couples than the reverse?

Always isn't right. For most of history, it's been lighter skinned men (Europeans or Arabs) marrying/impregnating African women rather than the reverse. Most West African Muslims can trace their family ancestroy back to Arabs. Almost all Black people in the US have European ancestry, and it ain't cuz Mandingo was slipping it to the mistress of the plantaion. Raping your female slaves was a right of slave owners.

The case that finally broke the anti-miscegenation laws, the appropriately named, Loving vs. the Commonwealth of Virginia was a white man/Black woman couple.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Ive mostly dated latinas although im white and ive gotten into physical altercations because of it. Its bizarre too because ive never dated anyone white in my life and this is out of several girls. although i have had my share of "encounters" with white females...

chegitz, the last mans name in that case was loving?
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

"
        The case that finally broke the anti-miscegenation laws, the appropriately named, Loving vs. the Commonwealth of Virginia was a white man/Black woman couple."

"I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
          chegitz, the last mans name in that case was loving?
          Yup, went all the way to the Supreme Court in 1967.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

thats a hoot (to paraphrase my midwestern roots)
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Yup, went all the way to the Supreme Court in 1967.
              I saw a movie about them. They were treated pretty shabbily.

Comment

Yeah, I've noticed that all the time, even in movies, etc. What's up with that? like.... Chris Tucker in that movie with Martin Sheen(sp?). "Taking our women"...

If you're living as a united nation, BE A UNITED NATION.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

azazel, please dont use chris tucker as an example of race in any context, ever...

Comment

I kind of expected that reaction. .

Well, I was hard pressed to find an example, and this is the best I could think of, at that point in space-time.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Little
                      What I've often wondered is, why has there always been so many more black man/white woman couples than the reverse? (As the article pointed out, this is changing, but in the past the imbalance was huge.) The only reason I can think of is that part of the racist stereotype was that black men were sexually superior.
                      As has been pointed out, the vast majority of inter-racial sexual relations over the years have been white man - black woman. Attending this rapine and "white" slavery were extremely hypocritical notions about white women and black men. Namely, the worst thing a white woman could do was sleep with a black man, even while her husband was giving it to the slave girls, or in later years perhaps sleeping with prostitutes.

Of course people are always intriqued by what they are not supposed to do, and when that forbidden activity is sexual the allure is even greater. Once the penalty black men / white women relationships was reduced (about 10 years ago in some places!) from torture to death (for black men) and permanent ostracization (white women) these sorts of relationships took off.

Much of this has happened during my lifetime, and it has been interesting to witness it. At first it seemed that the only people doing this who I came into contact with were middle class black men (usually ex-servicemen with college educations btw) who teamed up with mousey intellectual liberal white women. (The Guess Who's Coming to Dinner Era) I have several friends who are products of these type of relationships. These relationships seemed quite strong, so much so that though I've met quite a few people who are in them, or whose parents are in them, I can't recall a single divorce.

After these admirable pioneers came the democratization of black man / white woman relationships. This came closely bundled with two large forces in our society, integration and the sexual revolution. In this phase the participants tended more toward the lower classes for both parties, with the comensurate drop in education levels. This movement was much larger, and broader in terms of class however than the one which preceded it. It was not nearly as successful at creating long term stable relationships. Part of this is timing, as the divorce rate and out of wedlock birthrate both skyrocketed in many segments of the population. Part of it seemed to me to also be due to the novelty aspect though, as sexually "liberated" black men and white women often seemed to be drawn by the forbidden fruit. Apparently this is not nearly as enduring a bond.

Now we are in yet another phase, where people are less likely to be enamored of the forbidden fruit aspect while enjoying many more opportunities to meet people of other races in every aspect of their social lives. This is good IMO, and will continue despite the rear guard activities of either the KKK or black racists.
                      He's got the Midas touch.
                      But he touched it too much!
                      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Actually, the most vehement preaching about inter-racial marriages I ever heard was from a Korean girl who just thought it was wrong for white people to date outside their race. Everyone else was ok.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                          Actually, the most vehement preaching about inter-racial marriages I ever heard was from a Korean girl who just thought it was wrong for white people to date outside their race. Everyone else was ok.
                          Did she think of herself as white or did she think everyone else was ok, expect whites. Just curious

Just another example of people minding other people's
                          business. It really isn't anyone's business but the couples.

Comment

She was quite offended when I referred to her as an American.

She that interracial relationships were fine, as long as no whites were involved. Whites just wanted to steal her culture anyway.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by mindseye
                              Incidentally, all parents concerned are content, and there are now five mixed race kids in the clan (2 black-white and 3 Latino-white) - a true sign of the times considering that my family is from rural Iowa.
                              You ain't just a wolfin'.
                              Iowan's, what are you gonna do with them ?
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

When I was in the Army, I always found it interesting that the black guys who talked about "black power" all day would get picked up outside the gates each day by their white wives.

For many black men, I think they prefer any white woman to a relatvely attractive black woman. I always thought there were esteem or power issues involved here, which many black women are reacting to.
                                "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Working...
                                X