No announcement yet.

Did Powell's presentation convince you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear oh dear, you're almost as shrill as the Iraqis.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

provide evidence that there is a link.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Even if they had pictures of large missile-shaped objects with biohazard signs on them, some people would insist we don't know what it truly is until he uses it.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Nothing has to be proven. Iraq is a soveriegn nation. Saddam is in power there. What the hell were you guys expecting to get as evidence? If enough people believe the Bush administration we go to war, and none of you conspiracy theorists are going to do anything about it. So stop telling us to prove stuff. We don't have to. It's your problem if you don't have common sense.
          "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
          "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
          "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

duncan, so the majority is always right? let me introduce you to the holocaust.

what you are saying in affect is that we should go around and kill anyone that our government doesnt like simply because the white house is working its ass off in the public relations department. let me introduce you to vietnam.
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Powell made a clear case for the weapons, for the terrorist connection, and thereby the threat Iraq poses to us. It's not PR, it's just counter to your own theories.

Comment

there isnt a terrorist connection. you cant prove it, and there is no eveidence supporting it. iraq is not a threat to us, and as such we have no justified reason to invade them.

Comment

Imran -
                  Um.... why is it relevant to tell the whole world who this person was? I don't get what this has to do with him being a lawyer. This wasn't a trial.
                  1) Tom Lantos is a lawyer and therefore knows all about witness credibility before a jury OR anyone hearing a witness.

2) Tom Lantos chaired the congressional hearing where "Mira" (or whatever her name was) testified that Iraqi soldiers were pulling babies out of incubators.

3) This "Mira" was in fact the daughter of Kuwait's ambassador to the USA - a fact intentionally kept from the American people.

4) Why? Because, as a lawyer, Tom Lantos knew her identity would lead large numbers of people to question the validity of her testimony.

5) Her father, the Kuwaiti ambassador was later asked why his daughter testified and if she told the truth. He said he would never put his daughter in the position of lying to Congress, a punishable offense. He didn't tell us that as the daughter of an ambassador, she had diplomatic immunity even if Congress wanted to charge her, not that they would. She was called to play a role BY Congress and FOR the public...

6) No one, not even Kuwaiti hospital workers who remained behind in Kuwait during the occupation, ever confirmed any part of her story.

7) No, it wasn't a trial, but that is irrelevant. A lawyer knows full well that the identity of a witness matters if that identity casts doubt on the testimony.

She lied to save her country - fine, I would have done the same thing. But Tom Lantos and his fellow conspirators were part of that lie and they cost thousands of Americans their lives and/or health. After all the people murdered, killed, or maimed by the Democans, I don't know how anyone with a moral bone in their body could support them...might as well claim to be neo-Nazis...

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                    there isnt a terrorist connection. you cant prove it, and there is no eveidence supporting it. iraq is not a threat to us, and as such we have no justified reason to invade them.
                    Zarqawi is based in Baghdad. I haven't seen anyone dispute this.

Zarqawi is affiliated with Al Queda. Again, I've seen nobody dispute this.

The informant that identified the people arrested in the UK tied those people to Zarqawi.

Comment

thats not evidence, thats circumstance. and he actually was tracked to syria after going to baghdad.

get facts straight playboy

Comment

I've heard from Col David Hackworth ~160,000 US soldiers are suffering health effects from accidental exposure to bio/chem weapons blown up at the end of the last Gulf War. How many this time? If regime change is our goal, Saddam will have no reason to hold back on using these weapons. The only check on Saddam is his desire to stay in power, once that's gone, all bets are off...

There is only one solution - withdraw all forces from the region, lift all the sanctions, leave Iraq alone, and inform Saddam we won't bother him as long as he doesn't bother other countries. That won't help the Iraqi people much, aside from whatever damage is being caused by the sanctions, but no solution is perfect.

The only reasons to go forward with war is the possibility Saddam will arm (or provide cover) for terrorists thinking it can't be traced back to him, and to liberate Iraqis from his oppression...oh...then there's the oil.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                          thats not evidence, thats circumstance. and he actually was tracked to syria after going to baghdad.

get facts straight playboy
                          I take it you mean this passage from your link:

Zarqawi left Afghanistan after the Sept. 11 attacks and has traveled to Iran, Iraq and Syria. He spent two months in Baghdad last spring and summer receiving medical treatment, Powell said.
                          It says he went to Syria after leaving Afghanistan, and dosen't say if he stayed there or just visited. It makes no mention of timeng WRT Baghdad. You appear to be jumping to an unsupportable conclusion, there.

Comment

So are you.
                            "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                            -Bokonon

Comment

In what way?

Comment

The leap from him getting medical assistance in Baghdad to saying that he's one of Saddam's boys is unsupportable.
                                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                                -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
                                X