No announcement yet.

Should I Stay or Should I go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The high is like 20 something today in Chicago... yeah... uhmm... don't move back, it sucks... can I live with you?

Anyways, che, go wherever the jobs are...
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The biggest problem with moving to Indy and working for dad is that it will reflect poorly on my resume. Once you leave the IT biz for something else, it's very difficult to get back in. Right now I'm fudging it with stuff like the Clash of Civilizations website, which looks like work on the resume even if I'm not getting paid for it.

I've had the occassional nibble here and in North Carolina, but nothing concrete. I have one prospect here in town, but I'm not gonna wait for them. On the 15th, Bunnygrrl and I are gonna be in Miami for an antiwar demonstration, and we're gonna go looking for apartments (after the demo).

If we stay with the current company, AIMCO, I won't have to go through another credit check (don't want no unecessary hits), drop a security deposit, and my rent here will be prorated. We could be moving as early as March 15 (beware the Ides of March!).

Bunnygrrl worked at Bloomingdale's in Chicago, and there are a couple Bloomie's in the area, as well as Macy's (which is owned by the same company). She was well paid and would probably get a good recommendation. She also worked for Jacobson's here in Jax, which was another super upscale store.

For me, there are quite a few more positions down there. Plus, one training school told me ( a year and a half ago) that if I ever moved to the area they'd be extremely interested in me.

To be honest, I have't seen a lot of web design positions in Chicago (even though I'm teaching myself ASP.NET and plan to move into web development).
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Well, if you move to Austin I can hook her up with a job at Best Buy, but something tells me that's not the best option for y'all
        Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
        Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Honestly, I'd love to move to Austin, despite it's distance from the ocean. But It's not really in the cards.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

"There are many more web design jobs down there, and there are more upscale retail places (where Bunnygrrl can work)."
            I think that just about says it all, really...
            "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
            Drake Tungsten
            "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
            Albert Speer

Comment

I just wish we had this extra money sooner. . . . Actually, I did, last year, when I was first laid off. I was warned by one of my collegues, however, that South Florida doesn't pay as well as NorthEast Florida. You know what I've discovered after a year? Not being paid as well beats not being paid at all.

Comment

Working...
              X