Peace-loving Germans spread love wherever they go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peace-loving Germans spread love wherever they go

CEBU - An American tourist was knifed and wounded by a German man in the central Philippines in a bar brawl over the raging issue of Iraq, police said Monday.
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

I'd do the same thing!
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

"When you're on a holiday, you better speak about nice food, beautiful women and white beaches," said the German, who said he would ask the American to forgive him.
      Sobriety is the most splendored thing.
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        I'd do the same thing!
        You r0x0rZ, Asher!
        Last edited by Skanky Burns; February 3, 2003, 11:09.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I think I met that German guy...

I was in a resort in Tagbilaran (an hour and 20 by jet boat from Cebu) City a couple of years back and a white guy crossed in my path, so I politely said, hi, excuse me. He replied "shizza" or however you spell the German word for sh*t. Well I couldn't care less about the miserable German SOB so I just smiled at his arrogance and went about my pleasure.

In the Philippines the Germans are famous among the native population for assholism...which they are known for pretty much everywhere. I much prefer a German on his home turf where in my experience they can be fairly nice folks. I have some very good memories in fact.

Stefu, where did you pick up this bit of news about Cebu? Was it a US civilian or US military? Fair amount of that in Cebu these days...
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I saw bars in Spain, or was it Greece that didn't allow Germans in because they were trouble makers .
            I have seen quite few of those (bars that is).
            So they're quite known in many places.

But to their defense I have to say that I don't know a place that has dumber acting people than here. We have good old bar fights etc, chairs flying around. Seen it many times. I can't go out and NOT see a fight or just plain beating. Also women won't put out, so I guess that's where all the aggression is coming from.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Lancer: Random net-surfing.
              "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
              "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

And the Euro's bash the US for it's high murder rates
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Re: I think I met that German guy...

Originally posted by Lancer
                  In the Philippines the Germans are famous among the native population for assholism...which they are known for pretty much everywhere. I much prefer a German on his home turf where in my experience they can be fairly nice folks. I have some very good memories in fact.
                  I don't think this is true. A major survey of top tourist locations around the world last year ranked the Germans as the most-desired tourists, with Americans coming in second. And this was even with the Germans being notoriously cheap tippers. I've certainly never heard of them having such a reputation. Now the Brits, however, are generally regarded as loud, obnoxious fight-starters.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I saw bars in Spain, or was it Greece that didn't allow Germans in because they were trouble makers .
                    are you sure it wasn't brits?

or maybe they didn't let germans in because the bars were already full of brits. I know a lot of them don't take kindly to germans, especially when beer and football is in the picture.
                    CSPA

Comment

Re: Re: I think I met that German guy...

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

I don't think this is true. A major survey of top tourist locations around the world last year ranked the Germans as the most-desired tourists, with Americans coming in second.
                      Given that the most desired qualities in any tourist are cash, an unadventurous nature and extreme gullibility, is that a rating you're proud of?
                      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

CEBU - An American tourist was knifed and wounded by a German man in the central Philippines in a bar brawl over the raging issue of Iraq, police said Monday.
                        Iraq- my ass. The media is just twisting it as usual. Obviously the real, underlying reason was probably that the ignorant american just walked up to the chair at the hotels pool where the german guy had put his towel at dawn and just took it!

Comment

Gangerolf, No, definitely Germans..
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Think Big! Think Cebu!
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Big deal. Knife fighting in Phillipino bars is a daily occurance.
                              "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Working...
                              X