X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marijuana: Another Senseless Overdose

I know a few of you will like this one.
    Attached Files
    "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
    —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

:-p

Comment

"Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

The idiots who claim marijuana doesn't cause the same types of illness as tabacco are just fooling themselves. The lie that evil capitalist tabacco companies put in chemicals to kill their costumers is just so much mularky. I'd bet that smoking causes health problems reguardless of whither you smoke tabacco or marijuana plus most Js don't have a filters on them so they're probably worse then store bought cigs.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The addictive properties and the amount smoked vary greatly between the two. Marijuana does cause the same problems, but not to the degree that tobacco does.

And remember, tobacco farming is subsidized (like all agriculture) by the federal government. Marijuana farming is a felony. It just doesn't add up.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

People usually don't chain-smoke half a pack of blunts every day.
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I'd legalize it but I just hate it when I hear a ignorant 18 year old who's never taking a health, biology, or chemistry class in his life gets up and says pot is good for you because it is "natural". As if tabacco isn't natural.

I get the same sort of laugh when people tell me "organic" things are better. Don't they know Benzine is an organic compound?

Comment

And a most effective cure for gluecoma, astma, stress, eatingdisturbance, among other things...

And for the health risk: If it is ingested rather than inhaled, it's of course better.
                My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger
                  Most people don't but I've seen lots of people do nothing but sit around and smoke pot all day. Ussually the long term heavy smokers become all dopey & apathetic as well so I'd imagine there are some long term mental health effects from smoking to much pot.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger
                    Most people don't but many people do.

Most people who smoke marijuana quit before it kills them, like me. Cigarettes are harder to quit.
                    "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
                    "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
                    "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by ThePlagueRat
                      And a most effective cure for gluecoma, astma, stress, eatingdisturbance, among other things...

And for the health risk: If it is ingested rather than inhaled, it's of course better.
                      Come on. your'e just high and thinking that its curing all those things
                      "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
                      "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
                      "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

From "Reefer Madness" - 1937

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by ThePlagueRat

It has some effect but it is not the most effective at dealing with the simptums of those deseases. Since California passed its medicinal marijuana law a few years back there have been a number so studies which show numerous other drugs currently availible are more effective though marijuana is cheaper in a handful of cases.

By and large the people who are push for medical marijuana are just addicts who are looking for a way to ligitimize their addiction. Their goal is to get high and the suppression of simptums is an added benifet.

Comment

Originally posted by DuncanK

Come on. your'e just high and thinking that its curing all those things
                            Nope. I have some experince with the subject, though.
                            And through that, I do know what I'm talking about here.
                            I have never had glucoma or astma myself, but for some symptoms, I can recognise the positive effect of marihuana...
                            Painkilling mostly. Ok, If ingested it is particulary harmless. Inhalation can cause cancer though, because of the smoke. Just as with cigarettes. It's no bigger deal than that.
                            My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

I'm sure all you pot backers will hop on that airliner with the stoned pilot then, won't you? After all, it ain't any worse that smoking and, God knows, it even reduces the effects of illnesses!

Gatekeeper
                              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Working...
                              X