Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What political party do you most often vote for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well if the democrats keep their political shift to the right, they'll share the right-wing votes with the hawks. that would leave a void in the left and moderate section.

but unfortunatly traditional 2-party-countries tend not to vote for another party. that's why the green in the US and the liberals in the UK will never have anything to say.

for once, i must admit, that the israeli governement is best in that way. iirc think there are around 12 parties in the knesset at the moment (although there is a shocking majority of fascists and other ultra-radical). i wouldn't know which other country has more.
    (note: in switzerland we have 3 large parties (social democrats (left), liberals (moderate-right), and a far right party (comparable with republicans)), 2 medium (christian democrats (middle, losing voters), green (moderate left)) and a few very small parties (the automobile-party (very far right), the nationalists (just 1-1.5%), "worker's" party (communistic, 1-2%))
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

I think in the next few years the Democrats will shift even further right and the super-liberal half will break away and join the greens. What remains of the Democratic Party (mainly consevitive "Blue Dogs" like Gary Condit) will fade away and join the Republicans, weakening (hopefully) the republicans right flank and the Republicans will break into a center-right part and a exteme- right party.

Comment

I'd vote for the Democrats. Their economic left wing seems to be weaker than Republicans' religious/otherwise socially conservative right wing. Besides, Bush has a goofy face.
        "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
        "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Well, I've steered myself away from the Libertarians after reading the posts in this forum by the David Floyds, etc. I still believe that the federal government exists for a good reason and that many federal agencies are necessary.
          I never know their names, But i smile just the same
          New faces...Strange places,
          Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
          -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

well if the democrats keep their political shift to the right, they'll share the right-wing votes with the hawks. that would leave a void in the left and moderate section.

Yes, but a void that will remain unfulfilled. The Dems are shifting to the right, because the country is shifting that way. Clinton proved that the only Democrat that can win nowadays is one that leans to the right.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

What remains of the Democratic Party (mainly consevitive "Blue Dogs" like Gary Condit)

When did Gary Condit become a Blue Dog?
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I only voted in two, the first I split my ticket (like a good Independent ), but in the last election I voted straight Republican after the Dem's failure to get the Home Land Security bill passed.
                I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

I usually vote for the only party that makes any sense -- the Democratic party.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

You just spoke a big oxymoron there, Mr. Fun .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I voted for the Democrats in 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                        You just spoke a big oxymoron there, Mr. Fun .

Obviously, you're on the wrong side of the tracks.
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Me thinks Mr Fun has a wierd sense of the word 'wrong'

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            Hey, Republicans are winning .
                            Not any more. It's now 8-7 Dums...er...Dems.

Comment

Well betting that 'Another wierd one' is mostly Libertarians, I claim a coalition .

Comment

Well with our INS, the non-American Apolytoners will come streaming across the borders to vote, and with all the Dems&Greens there, we're ahead again!

Comment

Working...
                                X