Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Errr North Korea seems to be a bit pissed off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errr North Korea seems to be a bit pissed off.

Current "popular" posters in North Korea.

I might be mistaken but isn't this sort of stuff a staple in Stalinist hermit kingdom? Has there been more then ussual recently?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Wow! Where do you get this kind of stuff?
      "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
      "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
      "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Oerdin,
        I think you're right.

Comment

Paiktis, where can I find more stuff like this? I'm trying to start a collection of various propoganda posts from the last couple of hundred years.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

This is an echo of a thread entitled something like "North Korean propaganda". If you enjoyed the posters here, take a look at that thread - they had stuff from the USSR as well.
            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
              I might be mistaken but isn't this sort of stuff a staple in Stalinist hermit kingdom? Has there been more then ussual recently?
              I don't think it matters. I think the people just take this stuff as a joke.
              "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
              "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
              "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by DuncanK
                Wow! Where do you get this kind of stuff?
                Yahoo.

Comment

I like the one where he's crushing the... er, whatever it's called.

I wonder how good it would look in avatar size.
                  Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                    Paiktis, where can I find more stuff like this? I'm trying to start a collection of various propoganda posts from the last couple of hundred years.
                    There are some sites on the net that have various collections of propaganda posters (mainly from WW2) but unfortunately I don't have the ULRs.

Once I did a quick search on google and I came up with some of them though.

Comment

Those particular onces were on a slide show at yahoo's news section.

Comment

::shakes head:: Looks like some MIGHTY tall wishful thinking.....

-=Vel=-
                        The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

I don't think posters like that are going to have too much effect on a population making soup from tree bark and grass. North Korea has to be just about the saddest place on Earth to live in. The only possible hope they have of surviving another generation is reconnection with South Korea, as did East Germany with West Germany. This is definately one place where armed invasion is *not* the solution!
                          Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                          Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                          Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

East Germany was doing a lot better before they joined the West. This is why you see such a disparity in political polling between the East and West.

North Korea's biggest problem is it has too large a military and not enough people being productive. On top of that, they waste productive labor doing stuff like shooing pidgeons away from the statue of Kim Il Sung.

Friggan cults.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

"East Germany was doing a lot better before they joined the West."

Do you have economic figures to back that up? Anyway I would say they are doing better now because East Germany is no longer under a rule of a dicatorship, they no longer are not allowed to flee the country, and they no they longer have a huge Stasi force spying on the population.
                              "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Working...
                              X