No announcement yet.

Lower Saxony and Hesse Elections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're trying to become a non-working society.
    We only need more Robots to suceed.
    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

That's totally unrealistic. Who's going to make the beer?
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

... The robots?
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
          These are real Disneyland benefits, though.
          At the beginning. The 2nd tier benefit isn't that generous, but often better than a part-time job. I'm not sure what the current rules on having to take an offered job are.

It's odd that with the similarities of social systems in Austria and Germany, the unemployment benefits are that far apart.
          “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

Hey, I need clarification on one point: Would a vote of no confidence mean new elections?
            "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
            "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Originally posted by HershOstropoler

At the beginning. The 2nd tier benefit isn't that generous, but often better than a part-time job. I'm not sure what the current rules on having to take an offered job are.

It's odd that with the similarities of social systems in Austria and Germany, the unemployment benefits are that far apart.
              Im sorry - i have hard time not laughing when i see your nickname - am the only one here who has such associations with "Hershel of Ostropol" ????
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

A vote of No confidence is how Mr. Kohl went into Business ;=)
                Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

"Hey, I need clarification on one point: Would a vote of no confidence mean new elections?"

Not necessarily. The government can only be toppled by a "constructive" vote of no confidence, ie the Bundestag has to elect a new chancellor. But politically, the loss or almost-loss of the majority (as in 1972) or a new chancellor (is in 1982/83) will lead to new elections.

"Im sorry - i have hard time not laughing when i see your nickname"

Well, Hershel was supposed to be a funny guy.

" am the only one here who has such associations with "Hershel of Ostropol" ????"

I don't know what you associate. Unemployment benefits? Or something kinky?
                  “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

Originally posted by Stefu
                    Hey, I need clarification on one point: Would a vote of no confidence mean new elections?
                    nope. Art. 67 GG.
                    a parliamentary majority (50% of all members of the bundestag) can elect a new goverment at anytime.
                    CDU/CSU and Greens would make a majortiy. so would CDU/CSU, FDP and Greens of course. CDU/CSU and FDP wouldn´t be enough votes, though.
                    SPD and Greens voting for a new cancellor would be possible, too.
                    PDS (the communists) can be neglected, since they only have two votes at all.

all it needs now is an agreement for a new cancellor carried by the majority of the parliament. but this is the problem. there seems to be an agreement that Schröder is the worst cancellor, germany ever had after wwII. OTOH I don´t see a way for an agreement for a new cancellor. the problem is not (only) Schröder, the problem is, there doesn´t really seem to be a proper alternative carried by the parliament:

Lafonatine is a coward
                    Koch is a fraud
                    Stoiber is a looser
                    and Merkel....hmmm.....Merkel is a woman.... (probably the best choice, though)
                    justice is might

Comment

"Merkel is a woman...."

That's not funny at all.

Comment

Originally posted by HershOstropoler
                        "Merkel is a woman...."

That's not funny at all.
                        explain please.
                        justice is might

Comment

Working...
                        X